Summary: This is a study of chapter 21 in the book of Revelation. This is a controversial subject but takes a conservative approach to understanding the book.
Note: I used many sources to study this book, one of my favorites is Revelation: God’s Word for the Biblically-Inept by Daymond Duck and some out of different study bibles.
Title: The new heaven and the new earth
Theme: To show the future of the world and heaven
Text: Revelation 21
Some things we will see
1) no sin
2) earth and all creation revolve around the New Jerusalem
3) Law of gravity will dramatically change or our bodies will not be affected
4) no sun because Christ is the light
5) no sea
6) presence of Christ and God shown.
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. cf. Mt 24:35; Is 65:17; 66:22
New Heaven-for those who are believers of this age
New Earth-for those redeemed apart from the church
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13 AV)
a better country Heb 11:13-16
“there was no more sea”. It seems that there will no longer be large masses of water to contain all the people and to create a more social climate.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. (Revelation 3:12 AV)
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Although God now, through his Holy Spirit, dwells in people he will one day dwell among his people.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 7:17 all of sins effects will be obliterated
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. (Revelation 7:17 AV)
Compare this list with the first three chapters of Genesis and see what was introduced and then ended
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Jesus will not repair what is left of this world but he will make everything new.
who is on the throne 1 Cor 15:24-28
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Since Christ thirsted on the cross we will no longer have to thirst again. Why? Because of “I am” he is all.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. (Matthew 10:22 AV)
8 But the fearful (cowardly), and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Here we get a glimpse of those who will be cast in to the lake of fire. ( the second death)
1) the fearful-those who fear mans approval more than God. This includes the compromiser's Mark 8:35 including preachers 1 Thes 2:4 note FLSB
2) the unbelieving-those who have never believed or those who use to believe
3) abominable or the vile-those who defile themselves with abominable sins such as stealing, taking the Mark of the beast, taking drugs, drunkenness
4) whoremongers or sexually immoral-fornicators, adulterers, homosexuals, and rapists
5) sorcerers or those who practice magic arts-astrologers, Satan worshipers, witches, and warlocks
6) idolaters-those who worship anyone or anything other than God
7) liars-Those who deceive the lost, falsely accuse Christians, falsely claim to be a Christian, or add to or take away from the Bible
It is strange what seems to be like a small sin to some is actually major when it comes to the Bible.