Summary: How people foolishly spend there money and persue things that are of no value.
Stupid with Money
November 13, 2008
Bible Baptist Shawnee Oklahoma
I’ve been your pastor here for ONE YEAR I realized that only once have I preached on Money.
No time like the present>>>
13No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Stupid with money
Item: Dog shrink
When the pressure of life get his dogs down, Smith’s four Rottweilers visit the Sigmund Freud of the canine world — renowned Hollywood hound analyst Cesar Millan, a.k.a. “The Dog Whisperer.” Apparently, it takes a special talent to help a pooch get over the trauma of watching Bad Boys II.
Here is a quote from the Book of Opinions “Dog physiologist $2500. A fool having money priceless.” There is no end to what a fool will spend his money on!!!
Is money important to God? Yes and No
• Jesus talked about money more than He did Heaven and Hell combined.
• Jesus talked about money more than anything else except the Kingdom of God.
• 11 of 39 parables talk about money.
• 1 of every 7 verses in the Gospel of Luke talks about money.
• Each Gate in Heaven is made of a single pearl
• The outer walls are layered in precious stones
• Gold has the value of as vault because the streets are paved with it
Don’t think for one minute that God wants your money he wants your Heart..
When you wake up in the morning who do you give your heart to:
Your JOB—worrying about that next pay raise--That next big deal—or weather or not your going to have a job when you get there—
Your Money (if you have it) how your going to spend it---what that next purchase is going to be that will supposedly bring you fulfillment---How your going to make more of it----
Who is your God? If your god is money then you are going to be sorely disappointed.
Luke 9:25 for what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
We waste a lot of our lives on stupid pursuits, sometimes missing our greatest blessings (most of the time these blessing are right in front of us)
SO HERE IT IS ON YOUR FACE
You ever heard of the game show lets make a deal? Let’s play it for a minute.
Suitcase #1 you have the entire world all the people possessions, money, power.
2. You can do anything you want, have anything you want, live anywhere you want, travel anywhere you want.
3. Sounds pretty good, but you only get to enjoy this for 70 maybe 90 years!!!
1. Eternal life, eternal joy, all the answers to life’s questions.
2. A chance to meet the one who created you—formed you & built the universe, a body that feels no more pain sadness, death, no more war, lying, killing cheating
3. A world were you can leave your door open and no one will steal, enough food for eternity, countless worlds to explore, a worlds filled with all manner of wonder.
4. You can see touch and interact with all the animals in person that have become extinct, the lion will lay down with the lamb, animals will have no fear of you will not fear them. You will have nothing to fear.