Summary: If we want to make a difference in people's lives, we need to have a heart that prays, eyes that see, and hands that heal.
SUPER: NATURALLY! #3: A HEART TO PRAY, EYES TO SEE AND HANDS TO HEAL
THE BIG IDEA: If we want to make a difference in people's lives, we need to have a heart that prays, eyes that see, and hands that heal.
KEY TEXT: Acts 3:1-10
1. A PEOPLE WITH A HEART TO PRAY:
“Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.” (Acts 3:1, NKJV).
• Why did the NT church see many signs and wonders? They PRAYED!
• We need to be a people of prayer:
• “And He went up on the mountain and called to Him those He Himself wanted. And they came to Him. Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons.” (Mark 3:13-15).
• “but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” (Acts 6:4).
• The secret place is the place of POWER – we need to get the power, to give the power.
• DISCUSS BENEDICTION: “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all” (2 Cor. 13:14).
2. A PEOPLE WITH EYES TO SEE:
“And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered the temple; “who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, "Look at us.” (Acts 3:2-4).
• We know from Acts 4:22 that this man had been sick for 40 years.
• It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been sick – God’s got a miracle for you TODAY!
• If we’re going to be the glorious, powerful church Jesus has called us to be – we need to have eyes to see the hurting and broken around us!
• Some people just want the power to have ‘Holy Ghost parties’ – that’s not the point!
“Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” (Matt. 9:35-38).
• The world is full of broken, hurting people, we need to SEE them, and DO something!
3. A PEOPLE WITH HANDS TO HEAL:
“So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them.” (Acts 3:5).
• Why did this man receive a miracle from the Lord? He had FAITH and expectancy!
“Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” (Acts 3:6).
• How was Peter able to minister to this man? He knew he had something: Hands to heal.