Summary: Without the Lord’s enabling, empowering and envisioning we are unable to do the ministries according to His mighty power. We need the mind of Christ to help us perceive,process and perform in a way that pleases Him and bears fruit in every good work.
Ten Blessed Areas of Ministry (Eph. 4:11,12)
For the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry for the building up of the body of Christ
The Barna research group found that people want the following from their leaders:
1. 87% want a leader who motivates their people to get involved in ministry
2. 78% want a leader who knows how to resolve conflicts through wise negotiations
3. 77% want a leader who identifies the course of action to take
4. 76% want a leader who will make decisions which are in the best interest of the people, even if those decisions may not be popular
5. 75% want a leader who will train and develop leaders to help in the ministry
Without the Lord’s enabling, empowering and envisioning we are unable to do the ministries according to His mighty power. We need the mind of Christ to help us perceive,process and perform in a way that pleases Him and bears fruit in every good work.
God told Jeremiah, "It is not in a man to know how to direct his steps." (Jer 10:23)
We need the Lord’s infusing of His mind, power and guidance to effective equip people for the work of the ministry.
Here are ten blessed ways to be an effective equipper for ministry:
1. SATURATE - Saturate yourself with the word so that the Spirit of God can fill you up with His power, perspective and plans. Allow the Lord to so fill you up with His love, truth and grace that you are stripped away of all selfish concerns. Allow the word of Christ to dwell richly within you. (Col 3:16)
2. REJUVENATE - Allow the word and loving Christian fellowship to recharge you with power, purpose and the promptings from the Spirit. Without a fresh infusion of His energy we will tend to grow weary in well doing. Ask the Lord to revive your heart with His greater motivations.
3. SUBORDINATE - Ask the Lord to help you yield all of your heart, soul, strength and mind to His empowering. He wants to occupy the pre-eminent place in your life above all other loves. When we are subservient to the Lord, then we do not take on the responsibilities that belong to the Lord and relieve ourselves of the burdens and pressures of leadership.
4. COOPERATE - Work together with the Spirit and godly Christians in your circles. Believe that the Lord wants us to be united in spirit, intent on one purpose, striving together for the faith of the gospel. Ask the Lord to help you work in harmony with the people who are in your fellowship. As far as it is possible, be at peace with all men.
5. COORDINATE - Trust the Lord to help you function harmoniously in prayer with one another. Join hearts in prayer times so that you can be on the same mind and be more united in spirit as you bring your hearts and mind together before the throne of grace. (Heb 4:15,16)
6. INNOVATE - Creatively allow the Spirit of God to give you fresh ideas in how to improve your ministries. Believe that the Lord is always seeking to bring about refinements, adaptions and progress in your areas of ministry. Otherwise you will find that ministries will become stale, dull and too routine.