Summary: Have you every asked the question, why must I go through test and trials as a Christian? Why does God allow trials to take place? This morning, we will uncover some reasons why God allows things to transpire in our lives. God allows test and trials becaus
• Have you every asked the question, why must I go through test and trials as a Christian?
• Why does God allow trials to take place?
• This morning, we will uncover some reasons why God allows things to transpire in our lives.
• God allows test and trials because He is trying to accomplish His purposes in our lives.
• God will allow us to go through things that test our faith and build our character.
• Often, we bring trials upon ourselves due to disobedience or neglecting our relationship with God.
• When we are in the middle of a test or trial, we must stand on the Word of God, not waver and recognize that God is perfecting something in our lives.
• Let us look to some scriptures this morning… test & trials, why God allows them.
A. God allows trials in your life to perfect us in His image.
(NKJV) Deuteronomy 8 1 “Every commandment which I command you today you must be careful to observe, that you may live and multiply, and go in and possess the land of which the LORD swore to your fathers. 2 And you shall remember that the LORD your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. 3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD.
1. God loves you.
a. God has commanded us to obey His Word. Obedience to His Word brings blessings and helps us avoid sinful pitfalls.
b. Sometimes God allows a trial to come to keep you from being caught in a trap. (He redirects are steps from failure to victory.)
c. Test and trials happen to see if we trust God or are own ability.
2. God wants our complete attention.
a. We sometimes allow our attention to be taken away from God and placed on things that draw us away from His Word.
b. Test and trials bring our attention back to Him for the answer.
i. We get busy doing the work of the ministry or our secular jobs that we can no longer hear the voice of God.
3. God will remove every hindrance in order for us to fellowship with Him.
a. God allows trails to bring us back into fellowship with Him.
b. God wants you to be fully yielded to Him.
i. Is there anything in your life this morning that has your attention more than God?
ii. Do you “idol” things more than God?
4. God wants us to love him.
a. God will allow trials in our lives so that we can love and acknowledge Him more.
i. Is your 1st love God or someone/something else?
b. The love of God will always be working on your behalf; even in the middle of a hard time.
c. God will never leave you or forsake you.
5. Thank God in everything; give Him praise no matter what you’re going through.
a. Remember, nothing just happens!
6. God will take advantage of rough situations to:
a. Humble us. (He did it to the Children of Israel.)
i. A humble man is one who will obey God.
b. Cause you to become submitted to His Word and His way of doing things.