Summary: As we discussed last week, God will allow us to go through test and trials in order to perfect Christ’s character in us. When we are tempted, God has already determined we are able to resist the temptation. Many times we go through afflictions because we
• As we discussed last week, God will allow us to go through test and trials in order to perfect Christ’s character in us.
• When we are tempted, God has already determined we are able to resist the temptation.
• Many times we go through afflictions because we are disobedient to God.
• You demonstrate your love for God by keeping His commandments and resisting temptations that try to keep you away from the Word of God.
• As Christians, we must have confidence that God is with you in the middle of trials.
• Let us look to the some additional scriptures this week that will help us get though the test and trials of life.
A. God is always with you during tests and trials.
(NIV) Deuteronomy 31 6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
(NIV) Deuteronomy 31 8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
(NIV) Joshua 1 5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
(NIV) 1 Kings 8 57 May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us.
1. When you are in the middle of a trial or test, God is there to bring you out.
2. You are going to get though the test.
a. Whatever the trial or temptation you face, God always makes a way of escape.
B. Tests and trials will always be part of our life as a Christian, but there is the promise of deliverance in His Word.
(NKJV) 1 Corinthians 10 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
1. No test or trial is unique; everyone experiences them.
2. Even when we are not faithful to God, He is faithful.
3. God will never allow us to be tested beyond what we can handle.
a. When we are tested, we must place in our mind, we win.
b. The test or trial would not exist if God didn’t know we could pass it.
c. Don’t tolerate the test, pass it.
4. Resist the temptations; endure and outlast them.
a. Don’t give up and say you can’t take it anymore. You WIN!
5. Just believe that God will meet your need.
a. Walk by faith, not by sight.
6. You have security in the midst of test & trials.
(NKJV) John 16 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
a. Hold on to what Jesus has said.
7. When the pressure is on, it is an opportunity to build our faith & trust in Him.
a. The pressure won’t stop until the character of Christ is developed in us.
8. Peace comes from His Word.
(NKJV) Isaiah 26 3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
a. If you don’t know what He has said, then you won’t have peace.