Summary: Some first words learned - Thank you! - should stay in our vocabulary.
1Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
1. One of the first things a parent should teach a child is to say THANK YOU!
2. When the little toddler is given a toy or candy. The parent would say a phrase to remind them – ‘WHAT DO YOU SAY?” and the child is to say “THANK YOU!”
3. As the child grows up, the parent watches for the response. If the child doesn’t say it, the question comes, “WHAT DO YOU SAY?” Thank you!
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful,
1. One of the characteristics of the end times is that people will be unthankful.
2. We are definitely in the ME generation. It’s all about me!
3. It is like this generation expects everything handed to them and complains when they don’t get what they want.
4. Unthankfulness is a spirit and we need to drive that spirit right out of our church and out of our homes.
5. My Mom tells me stories about growing up in the depression. Getting an ice cream cone was a big deal. What do you say?
11And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
1. Before we eat, we need to give thanks.
2. So many forget to be thankful. They take food and drink for granted.
18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;
1. I think of this verse many times when I eat.
2. If I bless the food and drink, I believe God will protect me – and I’m thankful for that.
2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
1. How many of you have been sick?
2. My wife was in a sick bed for 6 months. She went to the doctors, but no help. She cried to the Lord and he healed her.
3. What do you say? THANK YOU!
4. Stand up right now if God has healed your body.
5. What do you say? Thank you.
3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
1. Now think about this. How many of us can say we’d be dead if it wasn’t for God?
2. What do you say? THANK YOU!
3. How many times Brother Dan has testified that God brought him back from the dead so he could get saved.
4. You could have died before getting your heart right. What do you say?
4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
1. I’m thankful that our God is holy.
2. Jesus is the best role model you can have.
3. I hate it for kids when their role models turn out to be scoundrels. I’ve been watching a documentary about the MEN WHO KILLED KENNEDY. There are some that believe that LBJ and Hoover were part of the conspiracy to kill JFK. There’s strong evidence to make one think.
4. Our God is holy. We aren’t going to be surprised. He has never failed. What do you say? THANK YOU!
47 It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me.
48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
49 Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
1. You know why he was thankful – because he had a violent man seeking to do hurt, but God rescued him.
2. David had Saul out to kill him. David was innocent. It took God to bring deliverance.
3. Has God ever rescued you out of bad situations with angry people?
4. What do you say? THANK YOU!
4Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 5Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
1. We ask God to supply our needs in moderation – that means not to be greedy.
2. Before we even receive or don’t receive, we thank God for being even able to ask.