Summary: Patrotic Sermon for July 4
That’s My America
2 Chron 7:14
14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. NKJV
This verse is not only God’s message to Solomon for Israel, it is also God’s message for us today and America.
George Washington made this statement in his FIRST presidential proclamation on Oct. 3, 1789: “It is the Duty of all nations to acknowledge the Providence of Almighty God.”
He also said: “Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.
Patrick Henry said: “It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
Tom Clark, Associate Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court said: “Our Founding Fathers believed devoutly that there was a God and that the inalienable rights of man were rooted – not in the state, nor the legislature, nor in any other human power – but in God alone.”
These words express the America I know and have grown up in.
That’s My America
AMERICA is not only a nation founded by Godly people, it is a nation that is unique among all nations. This nation is the only nation where you can rise from poverty to the highest position you desire to obtain.
Do you recognize this individual:
In Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada, a little boy named Gordon was only a few weeks old when he was abandoned by his parents. Within weeks the little boy was adopted by John and Mary, an evangelical preacher, and his wife. Attending church, family prayer, and the daily reading of the bible was a great part of little Gordon’s life.
• He had no contact with his natural parents or his sister or two brothers since he was abandoned. He said this could have been worse, he could have been aborted.
• He graduated form San Diego State University where he was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.
• He had one of the longest marriages of any celebrity in America
• He and his wife Lois, had five children
• As a good friend of Walt Disney, he spoke at the opening of Disney Land in 1955 and at the age of 93 he also helped celebrate its fiftieth anniversary in 2005
• His daughter Diane died on Oct. 4, 1969 by jumping out of her sixth floor kitchen window – after having a flashback from an LSD trip
• His son Robert died in an automobile accident
• He authored over 16 books and recorded one record entitled, We Love You Call Collect
Wealth and fame was his but that was not what he desired. Art Linkletter just wanted to the world to know that Kids Say the Darndest Things.
SHOW VIDEO: Kids Say the Darndest Things
SHOW PICTURE OF ART LINKLETTER
Art Linkletter will be remembered with other successful men that feared God.
Men such as the man who started this store:
SHOW JC PENNY STORE
Do you recognize this Logo?