Summary: He was one of the 12 men chosen by Jesus to bear witness to His life, death, and resurrection. This Judas was the opposite of another Judas. He became a missionary preacher and died testifying to Jesus’ reality.
THE 12 APOSTLES: THADDAEUS
Memorandum to: Jesus, son of Joseph, Wood crafter Carpenter Shop, Nazareth.
From: Jordan Management Consultants, Jerusalem.
1. Dear Sir: Thank you for submitting the resumes of the 12 men you have picked for management positions in your new organization. All of them have now taken our battery of tests; we have not only run the results through our computer, but also arranged personal interviews for each of them with our psychologist and vocational aptitude consultant.
2. It is the staff opinion that most of your nominees are lacking in background, education, and vocational aptitude for the type of enterprise you are undertaking.
3. They do not have the team concept. We would recommend that you continue searching for persons of experience in managerial ability and proven capacity.
a. Simon Peter is emotionally unstable and given to fits of temper.
b. Andrew has absolutely no leadership qualities.
c. The two brothers, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, place personal interest above company loyalty.
d. Thomas demonstrates a questioning attitude that would tend to undermine morale.
e. We feel it is our duty to tell you that Matthew has been blacklisted by the greater Jerusalem Better Business Bureau.
f. James, the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddeus definitely have radical leanings, and both registered a high score on the manic-depressive scale.
4. One of the candidates, however, shows great potential. He is a man of ability and resourcefulness, meets people well, has a keen business mind, and has contacts in high places.
5. We recommend Judas Iscariot as your controller and right-hand man. We wish you every success in your new venture. Sincerely years, Jordan Management Consultants.
1. Tonight is the 10th part in our series called, “The 12 Apostles of Jesus.” Tonight we’re looking at another of the apostles that are little known; Thaddaeus.
2. We’re going to find this guy has a couple of aliases. There’s only one record of him saying something and there’s nothing in the Bible describing his accomplishments.
3. Yet we’re going to find some interesting stuff! He was one of the 12 men chosen by Jesus to bear witness to His life, death, and resurrection. This Judas was the opposite of another Judas. He became a missionary preacher and died testifying to Jesus’ reality.
4. So let’s open the Bible and embark on the surprising study of the 10th of the 12 Apostles: Thaddaeus.
I. “TRINOMIOUS:” MAN WITH 3 NAMES
A. SCRIPTURAL MENTIONS
1. JUDAS SON OF JAMES, in Luke’s writings.
Acts 1:13, “When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.” (See Lk. 6:16.)
2. ONLY 2 MENTIONS OF THADDAEUS.
Mt. 10:3 Mk. 3:18 Lk. 6:12-16
10th Thaddaeus Thaddaeus Simon Z
11th Simon Z Simon Z Judas Of James