Summary: Part I is the power of the anointing of God in our lives.
TITLE: THE ANOINTING OIL
TEXT: EXDOUS 30:22-26
INTRO: ILL. A young man sets sail years aho across the sea. He wakes to find that the ship is hardly moving. Asking the captain why the ship is barely moving the captain tell him that during the night they had lost the wind. "So how is it that we are moving?" The captian tell him that the ship is attached to two small boats by ropes. Sailors have filled the small boats and have oars and are rowing with all their might. "We are sailing by the ash winds" The oars are made of ash wood.
For the last 25 years the church has been sailing with the ash winds. We have been moving, but not with the power of God driving us we have been trying everything under our own power. The time is short we don’t have time to keep barely moving we need the power of almighty God to fill our sail with the anointing of His Spirit and propel us forward.
The Devil has propagated the lie that we are no more to have the moving and power of the Holy Spirit in our lives or in our churches. But we are to substitute programs and personalities, packaging and educational degrees for the unction of the Spirit of God. We cannot function with out the unction of the Spirit of God blowing in our direction.
We don’t have time in these last days to try and sail by the ash winds, with 32 committees, 47 new ideas, 24 constitutions and 14 formulas for success. There is something in this preacher’s heart that says, GOD I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE HOLY GHOST THAN THE SLICKEST CAMPAIGN THAT ANY GROUP CAN PUT TOGETHER.
I have been in this thing for almost 40 years and I have seen the spirit poured out, I have seen people filled with the power of God’s Spirit. It was true then and it is true no; any thing that God does is NOT BY MIGHT NOR BY POWER BUT BY HIS SPIRIT SAITH THE LORD.
I. JESUS OUR EXAMPLE
A. Jesus is our example, He never did anything in the Natural.
- Jesus was not sensitive to the trends of His day
- But He was always sensitive to the voice of the Father
B. Everything Jesus did He did through the Anointing
- Was Jesus God in the flesh? yes
- Was He God in the manger? yes
- Did He do any miracles in the manger? no
- Was He God growing up in Nazareth? yes
- Did He do any miracles in Nazareth? no
Joh 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory;
- He knew the Word of God so much that he confounded the Priest in the temple at the age of 12 BUT He had no miracle ministry
- Not until the Jordan river
- Not until the Spirit came down as a dove
- Not until the after the desert experience did he do any miracles
- 30 years as God and no miracles
- But as soon as the anointing came upon Him He began to do miracles.
C. Until we find a secret place with God and come into a personal relationship with the anointer of the Holy Spirit it is all sailing with the ash winds.
D. 120 in the upper room
- No bank account
- No sound system
- No a/c
- No video system
- With all the tools the modern day church possess yet the early church had something that we need today, FIRE sitting on our heads