Summary: Most of people today put their eyes on the symbols rather than principles. This sermon is meant to help people understand the true source of God's power in their lives.
1. The anointing oil is the symbol of God's protection, blessing, and empowerment.
2. In the old testament the anointing oil Is dedicated to sanctify the tent of the meeting which was the house of God, furnitures, utensils of the Temple, the priests, and for the appointment of the King.
3. The old testament anointing oil was not allowed to be poured on any one save the man of God, and the King.
4. The original anointing oil was compounded by Moses, and no one was allowed to compound any like it. God instruction is that the anointing oil was to be considered sacred unto generations to come also. 'Don't fake it'
6. Today the seal of the Holy Spirit brings protection, blessing, and empowerment. Ephesians 1:13-14
7. Man and woman of God are no longer sanctified and sealed for God's work by the anointing oil but by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the anointing with the ability to teach men. 1John 2:27, Acts 13:1-4
8. Most people replace God's principles with symbols. The power is in following God's principles not symbols. People today rather go for oil, water, etc...and they soon run dry without the ultimate presence of God. God's principles present you before God.
11. God's power cannot be purchased, if you need it you simply surrender your heart to Jesus then you will receive the power from on high. Acts 1:8
12. Remember Simon who tried to buy the power of God with money in the book of Acts 8:18. People rather buy than pray through their situation until God breaks an answer unto their prayers. But those who are hungry and thirsty after God's presence they will be filled with his presence and his presence will always abide with them.
13. In conclusion we still do not have the right to judge others. Read through Romans 14