Summary: This is the 16th sermon in the series "The End". This sermon is about the Antichrist.
Sunday Evening August 4, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: “The End” [#16]
1. This chapter introduces a person well known to Bible prophecy. Called by at least 20 names, he is most commonly referred to as the Antichrist.
2. Just as Jesus Christ is the promised “offspring” of the woman, the Antichrist is the promised “offspring” of the serpent. Counterfeiting the work of God has been the work of Satan since man was created and the Antichrist is his masterpiece.
3. There has been much speculation about the nationality of the Antichrist. Revelation 13:1 indicates that he “saw a beast coming out of the sea”, meaning the sea of peoples around the Mediterranean. From this we gather he will be a Gentile. Daniel 8:8-9 suggests that he is the “small [horn]” that came out of the four Grecian horns, showing that he will be part Greek. Daniel 9:26 refers to him as the ruler of the people that will come, meaning that he will be of the royal lineage of those that destroyed Jerusalem. History shows us that it was the Romans who destroyed Jerusalem. Therefore he will be predominantly Roman. Daniel 11:36-37 tells us that he regards not “the God of his fathers”. This suggests that he will be a Jew. In all probability the Antichrist will appear to be a Gentile and, like Adolf Hitler who feared to reveal Jewish blood, will keep his Jewish ancestry a secret. It may be known only to God, but the Bible teaches that he will be a Roman-Grecian Jew which represents the people of the earth.
I want to share with you a list of contrasts between the Antichrist and Jesus Christ.
1. Christ came from above. Antichrist will ascend from the pit.
2. Christ came in His Father’s name. Antichrist will come in his own name.
3. Christ humbled Himself. Antichrist will exalt himself.
4. Christ was despised. Antichrist will be admired.
5. Christ will be exalted. Antichrist will be cast down to hell.
6. Christ came to do His Father’s will. Antichrist will do his own will.
7. Christ came to save. Antichrist will come to destroy.
8. Christ is the Good Shepherd. Antichrist is the evil shepherd.
9. Christ is the “true vine”. Antichrist is the “vine of the earth”.
10. Christ is the “truth”. Antichrist is the “lie”.
11. Christ is the “Holy One”. Antichrist is the “lawless one”.
12. Christ is the “man of sorrows”. Antichrist is the “man of sin”.
13. Christ is the “Son of God”. Antichrist is the “son of perdition”.
14. Christ is “the mystery of godliness: Antichrist will be “the mystery of God… manifest in the flesh”. iniquity”, Satan manifest in the flesh.
Now that we have seen the contrast, let’s identify seven activities of the Antichrist.
1. His Rise To Power
The Antichrist will come into power not by war but by tricking the world into believing that he can offer peace.
2. His One-World Government
3. The Antichrist will Dominated World Economy
When the kings give their power to the beast, this means not just their military power but also their economic power.