Summary: An explanation of God’s power to deliver us from any situation, but there must be an act of faith.
(1) Israel was in constant trouble because they kept turning away from God.
(2) The Prophets told israel to get right with God
(3) Elisha early in his ministry receives the prophetic mantle from God.
(4) The days of elisha was filled with a double portion anointing doing double the miracles of elijah.
(5) This is a reminder of Christ ministry how Jesus walked in power (christ= the anointed one).
1. THE ARROW OF THE LORD’S DELIVERENCE COMES WHEN THERE IS A CONFESSION OF NEED (V.14)
2. THE ARROW OF THE LORD’S DELIVERENCE COMES WHEN THERE IS A CONFESSION OF FAITH (V.15-17)
A. To have faith we need to know the character of God: God is holy (psalm 99:9 (quickview) ), god is perfect (psalm 18:30 (quickview) ), God is powerful (Psalm 62:11 (quickview) ), God is omnipotent (Job 42:2 (quickview) ), God is omnipresent (psalm 139:8 (quickview) ), God is omniscient (Job 31:4 (quickview) )
3. TO BE SATISFIED WITH PARTIAL SUCCESS DISHONORS GOD (V.18)
A. God placed man to have dominion over the earth (Gen 1:28)
B. Saul was disobedient to God (1Samuel 15:22,23)
C. Strike the enemy untill he’s defeated (v.19)
(2Corinthians 10:4)-Our weapons
(1Timothy 6:12)- Fight the good fight of faith
4. THE ARROW OF THE LORD’S DELIVERENCE COMES WITH POWER.
B. As elisha looked up to elijah to receive the mantle of power, we need to look up to Jesus as he works miracles in our lives.
Look at Jesus:
- Jesus heals Peter’s mother-in-law’s fever and healed those who were sick
- Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead.
- The empty tomb: Jesus triumph over principalities and powers and made a open show over them.
- Jesus appears to His disciples.
C. God will show Himself strong on our behalf (2chronicles 16:8)
When we are obedient to God, He will deliver us.