Summary: An explanation of God’s power to deliver us from any situation, but there must be an act of faith.
(1) Israel was in constant trouble because they kept turning away from God.
(2) The Prophets told israel to get right with God
(3) Elisha early in his ministry receives the prophetic mantle from God.
(4) The days of elisha was filled with a double portion anointing doing double the miracles of elijah.
(5) This is a reminder of Christ ministry how Jesus walked in power (christ= the anointed one).
1. THE ARROW OF THE LORD’S DELIVERENCE COMES WHEN THERE IS A CONFESSION OF NEED (V.14)
A. elisha recognized the need of the king. God sees our need and will revive us (psalm 138:7)
B. Jesus heals the bent over woman in Luke 13:11 giving her deliverance.
C. To obtain deliverance, we need to value the word of God. In hebrews 4:12 we find out that the word of God has power to pierce through every emotional barrier to sustain us.
2. THE ARROW OF THE LORD’S DELIVERENCE COMES WHEN THERE IS A CONFESSION OF FAITH (V.15-17)
A. To have faith we need to know the character of God: God is holy (psalm 99:9), god is perfect (psalm 18:30), God is powerful (Psalm 62:11), God is omnipotent (Job 42:2), God is omnipresent (psalm 139:8), God is omniscient (Job 31:4)
B. Deliverence comes when we believe God’s covenant of peace will not be removed over us (Isaiah 54:10)
C. God tells His people to fear not (Isaiah 41:10)
3. TO BE SATISFIED WITH PARTIAL SUCCESS DISHONORS GOD (V.18)
A. God placed man to have dominion over the earth (Gen 1:28)
B. Saul was disobedient to God (1Samuel 15:22,23)
C. Strike the enemy untill he’s defeated (v.19)
(2Corinthians 10:4)-Our weapons
(Ephesians 6:12)- Put on the full armor of God
(1Timothy 6:12)- Fight the good fight of faith
(Revelation 12:11)- Overcoming by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony
4. THE ARROW OF THE LORD’S DELIVERENCE COMES WITH POWER.
A. Through the shedding of Christ’s blood, we were delivered from sin and brought under a new covenant (matthew 26:28)
B. As elisha looked up to elijah to receive the mantle of power, we need to look up to Jesus as he works miracles in our lives.
Look at Jesus:
- Jesus heals Peter’s mother-in-law’s fever and healed those who were sick
- Jesus heals a paralyzed man (matthew 9:1-8)
- Jesus heals a boy with an evil spirit (luke 9:42)
- Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead.
- The empty tomb: Jesus triumph over principalities and powers and made a open show over them.
- Jesus appears to His disciples.
C. God will show Himself strong on our behalf (2chronicles 16:8)
When we are obedient to God, He will deliver us.