Summary: So many good people are misguided as to the true beauty of Heaven
The Beauty of Heaven
Rev 21; 1,2
1. Scripture distinctly reveals the fact that the world is not destined to remain as it is.
2. Nature reveals this as well in her constant rejuvenation; Summer-fall-winter-spring.
3. For the Christian no thought is more pleasing that the beauty of heaven
4. We must consider that, as many different Christians as there are, so are the opinions of what heaven will have to offer.
5. Today we will examine the biblical basis of man’s belief in the beauty of heaven.
6. Illustration= Man riches=sack of gold=St Peter=bag of pavement
1. The New Heaven and The New Earth (1,2)
a. These words refer especially to the future.
b. We all live in the future more or less; it is so full of possibilities that we are strongly imposed to dwell upon it.
c. God has not allowed the future state to be enveloped entirely in mystery.
i. Enough has been revealed to inspire us to inquire into its glorious realities.
d. Understand a great change will be taking place in the heavens and the earth!
i. The term “new heaven” implies that the future state will be suited to the soul in the fullest sense.
ii. There will be no night there: (no ignorance present)
iii. The “god of this world” will not have any power in the “New Heaven”
1. No evil men or false teachers to mislead mankind
iv. The state will be perfectly adapted to the redeemed soul
v. There will be no doubt there/ nor will there be any fear.
1. We will be certain of our existence and position in the kingdom of God
vi. The deep mysteries of the future will not create any fear in the minds of the redeemed.
vii. There will be no falsehoods in this state; no one who loveth or doeth a lie shall enter this state
viii. Truth will be the very atmosphere of this place.
ix. There will be no such thing as a selfish act or emotion; these will not exist
x. Righteous principle will be the governing power in all!
xi. Neither will there be anything that resembles hatred, all will exist in sweet and harmonious reasonableness.
e. It will be suited to the body
i. It will be an established state of health and vigor
ii. So perfect will the body be that we will never be conscious of any evil passions whatsoever!
iii. There will be no “want” in the new “earth”
1. it will be richly supplied with all that he body will require
2. The new earth and the resurrected body will be thoroughly fitted for one-another!
f. The society of the future state will be of the purest and the best!
i. The character of the inhabitants will be such that defection will be impossible
ii. There will be a great progression to further knowledge of all things spiritual and material
g. It will be and age of unending blessedness!
i. The tabernacle of God shall dwell with men (v 3)
2. The Beauty of Heaven will be as a Glorious Wedding! (9-14)
a. Bride introduced
i. Pure, clean, unspotted coming out of heaven
ii. This is the church!
b. Beautiful foundations built of jewels everywhere for all to see
i. Man hides his foundations (no value or worth)
1. stones are the pillars of good faith and works
2. these are what the “New Jerusalem” are built upon
3. Laid by the faithful workers of the Lord in His kingdom
c. Procession walks upon streets of gold.
i. Notice compared to glass/ translucent as pure glass
1. Gold purity? Glass impurity can be seen. (Age of Nero)
3. The Beauty of Heaven will be in the Enlightenment of All!
a. No need for the Sun; we will have the Son of righteousness to light our way
b. All will have a common goal
c. The gates will never be closed
i. Nothing to fear
ii. Nothing to hide
4. The Beauty of Heaven resides in the fact that something new must come from the ruins of something old
a. Castles are built upon ruins of old castles
b. Ancient cities are built upon the foundations of cities before them
c. Mankind’s destiny is building upon the ruination of all things corrupt and sinful
DOES YOUR LIFE LIVE UP TO THE STANDARDS SET FORTH IN VERSE 27?
1. Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
2. We can all inherit the beauty of heaven
3. The beauty is present here today (READ V 9)
a. Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.