Summary: I want to approach this message concerning the believer’s judgement with several questions. Let me say, it will be our works, the deeds done in the body, not a judgement of self.
I. When is the Believer’s Judgement?
1. When does it take place?
2. From the time of the rapture, until the new Heaven and new Earth. Explain the events, use book. When will it take place?
a. I believe there will be two phases to Christ’s second coming. Revelation 22:12
b. The rapture of the saints. 1 Thessalonians 4
c. The first time He comes, He will come as a thief in the night. The second time, every eye will see Him.
3. Immediately following the rapture of the saints. 2 Timothy 4:8. The rewarding will be at the time of His coming.
II. Where is the Believer’s Judgement?
1. At the rapture.
2. Where are we going? John 14:1-3
III. Who is Going to be There?
1. In the 5th chapter, notice the word, we. 1 Corinthians 15:51.
2. Only the saved will be in Heaven. John 14:1-3
3. Every believer that has ever lived will be there.
IV. What is the Believer’s Judgement?
1. 2 Corinthians 5:10; Judgement Seat of Christ.
a. The word judgement Is not a good word for our time. 371 years ago, the Bible was translated by King James. It has a different meaning today.
b. Not judgment as we think, we relate judgment with sin or doing wrong. All the all of the other judgments have to do with sin.
c. This time judgment means Bema Seat, a place of rewarding, a place of honor.
2. Residential this throne is a place of honor that we should not fear. We should anticipate it with joy. A desire to see it.
a. In a race, the one who finishes first receives the Crown.
b. The one who finished his last does not receive punishment.
V. Who is the Judge?
1. My reward is with me. Revelation 22:12
2. John 5:22; not as standing before a law judge with fear.
a. Standing before a judge who loved me and wants to give and bless, not condemn us.
b. Also, it will not be a group rewarding. Not like rewarding all those who average 70 or better or 50 and under.
3. Another thought it was the Lord Himself that gives the reward.
a. Not Peter, not an angel.
b. Like President Reagan, sending another to reward you for some great act.
VI. What Will be Judged?
1. Verse 10
2. There are 4 misconceptions as to what will be judged.
a. Some think it determines who goes to Heaven and who does not go. St. Peter standing at the gate of Heaven with a scale. WRONG!
b. Some think it is to punish you for all the sins that you have done.
c. That we are judged for the sins that we did not confess while here on the earth.
1) The only thing unconfessed sin does is, in the life of the believer is it’s breaks fellowship. 1 John 1:9
d. To use the Judgment seat as a scare tactic. Romans 14:10
1) There are two types of accountability: fear and love.
a) Fear police
b) Love; wife, friend, job. 2 Corinthians 5:9. The word accepted means “well pleasing”
2) Good or bad, verse 10. Bad means “worthless”. 1 Corinthians 3:10
3) Loss of reward; verse 14. No punishment, just no reward. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
3. The bible lists 5 rewards, five crowns.
a. The incorruptible Crown
1) Given to those who mastered the old nature.
b. The Crown of rejoicing
1) Given to the soul winners.
3) 1 Thessalonians 2:19, 20
c. The Crown of life
1) Given to those who successfully endure temptation.
2) James 1:2-7
d. The Crown of righteousness
1) Given the faithful preachers and teachers.
4. In revelation 4, they took the crowns and place them at the feet of Jesus.
5. The only thing you and I can give to the Lord is what he will give to us.
6. 2 John 8
7. 1 John 2:28