Summary: Why do you suppose that some people are able to maintain intimate communications with God when others cannot? In this passage we are given some insights into how the apostles experienced benefits from their pure spiritual communications.
Why do you suppose that some people are able to maintain intimate communications with God when others cannot? In this passage we are given some insights into how the apostles experienced benefits from their pure spiritual communications.
1. Dr. Luke writes, "While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I called them." (Acts 13:2)
If you want to enjoy greater communications with the Lord and others, learn how to come apart with Him before you fall apart emotionally, mentally or spiritually.
God promises to give you strength, courage and guidance as you draw near to Him. Ask God for help in seeking His mind before you offer up your own uninspired opinions.
2. While other people exercised their own wills, the apostles sought God’s will for what to do next. They heard and heeded what the Spirit said to them. Worship the Lord with an open heart willing to obey whatever He asks you to do.
Ask the Lord to help you make it a priority to seek the Lord’s will every morning before you decide what is best in your own mind’s eye.
3. Associate and learn from Godly people who are in intimate communications with the Lord. The apostles learned how to communicate by the fine example of Jesus Christ.
Ask God to help you to get around holy communicators who know how to pray and listen attentively.
4. The church did not set up excessive levels of bureaucracy before they set apart Barnabas and Saul for their assignment.
When people are in close communications with God they do not need many layers of policies, procedures and committees to make wise decisions.
Ask the Lord to help you to avoid the tendency to set up excessive layers of bureaucracy.
5. The apostles realized that the ways of God would remain a mystery to most who were not on intimate speaking terms with the Holy One.
People who are not in regular communications with what the Spirit of God is doing will tend to misunderstand the Godly.
Ask the Lord to help you to not get discouraged, frustrated or sidetracked by people who are out of touch with what the Spirit of God is saying.
6. The apostles realized that the way the Spirit of God spoke to one church could be different than how He communicated to another.
Ask the Lord to give you the tolerance to allow the Lord to speak to churches and individuals however He pleases.
7. The apostles realized that in order to gain increasing intimate communications with God they might have to listen less to their old friends, family or personal desires.
The most difficult aspect of good communications is learning how to not pay attention to certain voices.
Ask the Lord to help you to prioritize your communications while putting Jesus first.
Conclusion: Good communication comes as a result of speaking the truth in love so we can grow up in all asepcts into Christ. (Eph. 4:15,16)