Summary: God does not want you to have to wait to get there in order to feel and experience what heaven is like.
Pastor Allan Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
March 31st. 2014
The Benefits of the Cross
• Learn/surpassing greatness, power/authority/cross
• So we can respond in praising God/defeating Satan
• Giving us access/Christ’s rule/authority as heirs/eternal inheritance.
Certain advantages/come/being/platinum flyer.
• When/accrue/large number of miles/airline company
• They/send/book/benefits/significant opportunities for you to take advantage of.
• Upgrade options/priority access options/other benefits.
But in order/use them you must know the privileges of what your platinum level relationship with the airlines company affords.
• Failure/understand your “inheritance” of benefits
• Results/not enjoying/significant opportunities available for you to enjoy.
Many Christians also fail to know all the rights and privileges that the cross has afforded them.
They fail to utilize/benefits/God has ordained for His saints.
Let’s look/INHERITANCE Eph. 1:14 “our salvation”.
• Greek/word “pledge” mean a “down payment.”
• God/set aside “down payment” heaven/you/receive/earth
• A deposit guaranteeing our inheritance.
• As a believer, you/on your way to heaven.
However, God does not want you to have to wait to get there in order to feel and experience what heaven is like.
There/piece/heaven/has been allocated to you right now.
• Unfortunate/Christians come/church/every Sunday/Wednesday
• Still functioning w/o knowing all/rights/privileges/cross has afforded them.
• Fail/maximize/utilize/benefits/God has ordained and bequeathed for His saints.
Knowing about/cross w/o knowing the authority/benefits of the cross will keep you from experiencing all God has in store for you.
What/cross provides to you/me/opportunity to see what God can do beyond the normal, everyday routine of life.
• Cross/key/God invading/difficult or mundane circumstances of life
• just like He invaded the tomb/Jesus after He died/cross
• Flipping things around in order/reveal His power/authority.
A lot of Christians sing about God’s power
• Talk about God’s power
• Can never testify to experiencing God’s power since they have never accessed God’s power
• They have never seen Him turn
• Twist/tweak things beyond their human comprehension.
Ever watched an action-adventure film
• Hero/story is trying to locate a special artifact or treasure?
All along the way, he/she faces opposition after opposition coming from the enemy who is trying to divert him or her from reaching their goal and benefiting from their prize.
• Films remind me/what Satan attempts to do/lives/believers.
• you and I have a precious treasure