Summary: The bible is reliable and accurate so can be trusted
“How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth.” (Psalm 119:103).
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
It is inspired by God, and it is profitable– it has the power to change & transform your life!
8 REASONS WHY THE BIBLE IS PRECIOUS, AWESOME AND AMAZING:
1. You will be blessed! “Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are the undefiled who walk (order their conduct and conversation) in the law of the Lord.” (Psalm 119:1, Amplified). Quote Psalm 1 & Joshua 1:8. If you wnat to be blessed, lived according to God’s Word!
2. God’s Word will make you pure! “How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word… Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” (Psalm 119:9,11). A great preacher said once, "God’s Word will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from God’s Word."
3. You will see amazing and miraculous things! “Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.” (Psalm 119:18). The Bible is full of miracles, but remember Hebrews 13:8 – “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."
4. God’s Word will revive you. “My soul clings to the dust; revive me according to Your word” (Psalm 119:25). You want revival? It will never happen apart from God’s Word getting into your heart!
5. God’s Word reveals His love to us. “The earth, O Lord, is full of your mercy and lovingkindness; teach me your statutes.” (Psalm 119:64). God’s Word reveals His LOVE to us.
6. God’s Word reveals His faithfulness. “Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven. Your faithfulness endures to all generations; You established the earth, and it abides.” (Psalm 119:89-90). God is FAITHFUL! People have tried to destroy and discredit the Bible - but to no avail.
7. God’s Word gives wisdom and direction. “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:104-105).
8. God’s Word will give you great peace. “Great peace have they who love your law, nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.” (Psalm 119:165).
Number of Stars
150 B.C., Astronomer named Hipparchus laid down his pencil and smiled, “it’s done”! He believed he had counted all the stars in the sky. 1,022! That was the number used in Universities for 250 years. Then Ptolemy came along and laughed, 1,022, that’s ridiculous, there’s 1,026! He found 4 more! And that was science for 1,300 years. Then Galileo came along with his invention, the first crude telescope, he looked thru it for the first time, and gasped. We know now that there are billions and billions of stars in each of the galaxies, which are innumerable!
What did the Bible say long before any of them were even born?
Jer. 33 22As the host of heaven cannot be numbered God said to Abraham, your seed will be innumerable, (then used an illustration) like the stars of heaven.
The Bible records the fact that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible, and Jesus verified that in the NT. For many years, unbelieving historians laughed at the thought that Moses wrote the Pentateuch. ‘that’s impossible’, they said, for there was no written language when Moses lived! Archaeologists continued their work, and in 1887 in N. Egypt 300 clay tablets were unearthed, we know them as the “tel-el-armana” tablets. What were they? Letters and business transactions between Egypt and Palestine, dated centuries before Moses was even born. And now it has been proven not only did they have a written language, they had a postal service!
No book in history has dared to predict the future to the degree the Bible has, without being proven wrong.
For the sake of time, let’s narrow it down to just the prophecies that dealt with the coming of Christ, 2000 years ago.
Over 300 direct prophecies in question, like,
• Is. 7:14 He would be born of a virgin Lk. 1:7 it happened!
• Micah 5:2 born in Bethlehem Lk. 2:4 that happened!
• Gen. 49:10 born of tribe of Judah Mt. 3:3 that happened!
• Psalm 78:2 speak in parables Mt. 13:34 that happened!
• Zech. 9:9 ride on colt of a donkey Mt. 21 that happened!
• Is. 61 heal broken-hearted Lk. 4:18 that happened!
• Is. 53:3 rejected by own Jn. 1:11 that happened!
• Is. 53:7 stand silent before accusers Mk. 15:5 that happened!’
• Ps. 22:18 cast lots for His robe Jn. 19:23 that happened!
• Ps. 22 (hundreds of years before crucifixion ever invented or thought of) prophets said they would pierce His hands and feet, and it happened!