Summary: The bible is reliable and accurate so can be trusted
“How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth.” (Psalm 119:103).
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
It is inspired by God, and it is profitable– it has the power to change & transform your life!
8 REASONS WHY THE BIBLE IS PRECIOUS, AWESOME AND AMAZING:
1. You will be blessed! “Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are the undefiled who walk (order their conduct and conversation) in the law of the Lord.” (Psalm 119:1, Amplified). Quote Psalm 1 & Joshua 1:8. If you wnat to be blessed, lived according to God’s Word!
2. God’s Word will make you pure! “How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word… Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” (Psalm 119:9,11). A great preacher said once, "God’s Word will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from God’s Word."
3. You will see amazing and miraculous things! “Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.” (Psalm 119:18). The Bible is full of miracles, but remember Hebrews 13:8 – “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."
4. God’s Word will revive you. “My soul clings to the dust; revive me according to Your word” (Psalm 119:25). You want revival? It will never happen apart from God’s Word getting into your heart!
5. God’s Word reveals His love to us. “The earth, O Lord, is full of your mercy and lovingkindness; teach me your statutes.” (Psalm 119:64). God’s Word reveals His LOVE to us.
6. God’s Word reveals His faithfulness. “Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven. Your faithfulness endures to all generations; You established the earth, and it abides.” (Psalm 119:89-90). God is FAITHFUL! People have tried to destroy and discredit the Bible - but to no avail.
7. God’s Word gives wisdom and direction. “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:104-105).
8. God’s Word will give you great peace. “Great peace have they who love your law, nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.” (Psalm 119:165).
Number of Stars
150 B.C., Astronomer named Hipparchus laid down his pencil and smiled, “it’s done”! He believed he had counted all the stars in the sky. 1,022! That was the number used in Universities for 250 years. Then Ptolemy came along and laughed, 1,022, that’s ridiculous, there’s 1,026! He found 4 more! And that was science for 1,300 years. Then Galileo came along with his invention, the first crude telescope, he looked thru it for the first time, and gasped. We know now that there are billions and billions of stars in each of the galaxies, which are innumerable!