Summary: The "blessing of the Lord" is the difference between those that spend their lifetime trying to make ends meet and those who live in the abundant prosperity that operating in
The Blessing of the Lord - Part 1
Pastor Jonathan L. Vorce
Introduction: The term "blessing of the Lord" is found at least 6 times in the Old Testament. The "blessing of the Lord" is the difference between those that spend their lifetime trying to make ends meet and those who live in the abundant prosperity that operating in God’s kingdom can bring.
- Explain the difference between worldly prosperity and heavenly prosperity. We can be happy and blessed because our trust is in the Lord!
I. The "Blessing of the Lord" upon Joseph.
A. V.2) The Lord was with Joseph (even when he was in bondage)
1. The Lord will be with you and cause you to prosper even when you are in places (circumstantially) that you don't understand if you will allow Him to be
with you. Ps 23:4 "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for though art with me..."
a. There is something to the Lord being with you.
Ge 26:24 And the LORD appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and
multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake.
Ge 21:22 ¶ And it came to pass at that time, that Abimelech and Phichol the chief captain of his host spake unto Abraham, saying, God is with thee in all that
1Sa 16:18 Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant
man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
Ac 7:9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,
B. "...and he was prosperous..." (able to push forward, break out, be profitable)
1. We push forward by faith. I Cor. 5:7 "For we walk by faith not by sight." (walk
a. We break out of financial bondage by operating our faith and are profitable.
C. "And his master saw that the Lord was with him..."
1. The world will notice when you prosper. One of the greatest testimonies of "Word of Faith People" is the life they live! The time is coming and now is when
people will hire you to key positions in their companies because they want the blessings that's on your life to spill over into their business. Read V.4
2. "...the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand." No one else can take the credit for Joseph's prosperity. It was a God thing.
D. V.5) "...the Lord blessed Potiphar’s house for Joseph's sake; and the "blessing of the Lord" was upon all that he had in the house and in the field."
1. Pick your friends wisely. Don't hang out with people that don't believe in prosperity. Position yourself to receive the "blessing of the Lord" upon your
2. Because Joseph was there even his herds were blessed!
II. The blessing of the Lord upon the children of Israel
A. V.10) There could be no tribute of a free-will offering "according as the Lord had blessed them" if the Lord was not planning on blessing them.