Summary: Just as there are blessings of Justification (Romans 5), there are also blessings that God pours out because of our faith.
The Blessings of Believing
Just as there are blessings of Justification (Romans 5), there are also blessings that God pours out because of our faith.
I. We are filled with Joy.
A. An example of Joyful believers. Acts 8:5, 8, 39
1. Philip proclaimed Christ. Acts 8:5
2. Great Joy filled the city. Acts 8:8
3. The eunuch’s faith caused him to rejoice. Acts 8:39
B. People long for a Joyful life. Illustration: A former President of Harvard University once said, “The world is looking for a creed to believe and a song to sing.” Illustration taken from Bruce Howell at sermoncentral.com
C. Harmony among believers and the unity of the church creates a joyful people.
II. We are filled with Peace.
A. This Peace comes from our new standing.
1. Romans 15:7 - Peace for those IN CHRIST
2. Romans 5:1 - Justification brings Peace.
B. Enemies of Peace.
1. Fear - comes from weak faith. Matthew 8:26
2. Frustration - comes from life’s struggles. Romans 8:28
III. We abound in Hope
A. Definition: Vine - “Hope describes the happy anticipation of good.”
B. The Hope of eternal salvation. Romans 15:8–12
1. Romans 8:23–25
2. 1 Peter 1:3–4
C. Without faith there is no Hope. Hebrews 11:1
• There are blessings in believing; 1. JOY, 2. PEACE, 3. HOPE.
• There are consequences of unbelief:
1. 1 John 5:9–12
2. Hebrews 11:6