• As we approach Easter it is a worthy study to understand just why Jesus had to die for us…and why we celebrate Easter.
• For some of us understanding the spiritual realm is a real reach.
• For others of us we have an understanding, but often it is a misunderstanding as to the whys and what’s of how God frees people.
• Still others of us have walked in the Word and the Spirit and understand the magnitude of the blood of the Lamb.
• The Passover was a picture of Jesus and what He would do to free people like us who were slaves.
• Bondage…of gambling, pornography, jealousy, anger, lust, fear, shame, greed, and unforgiveness
• I told you last week that there are two things that must happen to get people free and keep them that way…
• One practical one spiritual…
• Practical is a change of thinking…
Romans 12:2, “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”
• The second is the work of the blood of the Lamb to break the works of the enemy.
John 1:29, “The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, ‘Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!’”
• Now when we talk about the blood in a day of vampires and the twilight saga movies we need to be clear…
• We may have a huge gap/issue with vampires that sidetracks us from what Jesus did, but they are worlds apart.
• Forget the vampires…the cross will save you from the vampire…the cross will save you from the dragon!
I. THE POWER AND PROTECTION
Exodus 12:5-7, “The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the people of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs.”
• The price of a human soul…the cost of freeing people…what are they worth?
I Peter 1:18-19, “You were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold…but with precious blood…the blood of Christ.”
• The precious blood of Christ…there is no value that can be put on people…too high,
• Why is the blood so important?
Leviticus 17:11, “For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.”
Hebrews 9:22, “Without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness of sins.”
• The blood of Jesus…isn’t some kind of voodoo…it is about the cost of life and death.
• Most of us have never understood the blood of Jesus…
• When we come to God and ask for His covering…what do we mean?
• Not a formula or superstition…but a possibility.