Summary: PROPOSITION: Because Christ willingly went to the cross, you must willingly spread the “breath of life”.
The Breath of Life!
PROPOSITION: Because Christ willingly went to the cross, you must willingly spread the “breath of life”.
I. God shows His servants the desperate condition of people. v. 1-3
A. God shows Ezekiel the reality of this situation (1-2).
1. Their condition was one of complete deadliness.
2. Their condition has been long standing.
B. God asks Ezekiel a revelatory question (3).
1. God’s question: Can these bones live?
2. Ezekiel’s insightful response: O Lord God, thou knowest.
II. God sends His servants to minister to the spiritually dead. v. 4-10
A. Ezekiel is told to preach (4-8)!
1. The command: Preach to these dead bones (4).
2. The reason: God will cause them to come to life (5-6).
3. The process: Obedience--God’s Word must be proclaimed (7-8).
B. Ezekiel is told to pray (9-10)!
1. The command: Pray for the intervention of the Spirit (9).
2. The reason: the Holy Spirit is the life giving agent (9-10).
3. The process: Obedience–The Holy Spirit must be petitioned (10).
III. God miraculously works through His servants’ obedience. v. 11-14
A. Israel will experience national restoration (11-13).
1. Israel’s hope had perished (11).
2. Israel’s God is imminent (12-13).
B. Israel will experience spiritual restoration (14).
1. God is going to put His Spirit within them.
2. God assures them of complete restoration.