Summary: The physical birth certificate compared to the spiritual birth certificate.
(3) IT SHOWS WHO THE FATHER IS! * Look at v.13 “… not of blood, nor of the …”
A) The word “born” means “begotten.” * “Not of blood,” which is the element of physical life.
* “Nor of the will of the flesh,” or from the natural or human impulse or design.
* “Nor of the will of man,” * The Greek word suggests human determination. * “But of God …”
* Human generation has nothing to do with regeneration … Salvation is of the Lord.
B) The spiritual birth is 100% from God … Not of man, works, or personal sacrifice!
* And you can’t save yourself! * There’s a false teaching going around, “God is Father of all.”
* God is creator of all, but He’s not Father of all.
* A group of Jews confronted Jesus with this issue in John 8:41-44 and He told them in v.44, “Ye
are of your father the devil …”
C) God spoke to the Christian in 2 Cor. 6:17-18 “Wherefore come out from …”
* If you’ve been saved, then you have the name of your Father, God, stamped upon your
certificate of new birth … You know who your Father is!
(4) A BIRTH CERTIFICATE MUST BE SIGNED BY THE ONE WHO DELIVERED YOU!
A) Most states require the doctor, the mid-wife, or whoever makes the delivery of the child
to sign the birth certificate!
* Jesus’ death on the cross, His suffering, the torment of hell, and His resurrection has
authenticated His signature.
* I still remember when the doctor came into the fathers’ waiting room to me …….
B) When Jesus was hanging on the cross and death was about to take over His body …….
* His spirit looked to the Father and said, “It is finished,” a heavenly jubilation took place
throughout all the portals of Glory … Angels rejoiced …….
C) Jesus took the quill in His hand and dipped it in the eternal blood that day …….
* And the signature of the Deliverer was written in its proper place.
* “To them gave he power, or authority to become the sons of God.”
* His signature made the new birth certificate authentic.
(5) IT MAKES YOU A CITIZEN OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU WERE BORN!
A) If you were born in England, you’re a citizen of England!
* Australia … South America … USA …
B) We as Christians are born from above …….
* Therefore, that makes us citizens of that country called heaven.
* Phil. 3:20 “For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the
Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:”
C) Turn to Heb. 11:13-16 ……. * I’m a citizen of that heavenly country!
A) The Christian birth certificate! * It’s a matter of public record … Everyone can see it.
* It shows the place of birth … That place is at Calvary.
* It shows who the Father is … God, the Father.
* It is signed by the one who delivered you …….
* And it makes you a citizen of the country in which you were born.
B) Do you have your spiritual birth certificate?
* If not, then you had better get it while you can!