Summary: I ask all of us the question…Does the prophet Amos speak prophetically describing America in another 25 years? The battle for the soul of America is on the line!
Proverbs 29: 18 “Where there is no revelation (prophetic vision), the people cast off restraint.”
Amos 8:11-12 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, that I will send a famine, not of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord…They shall run to and fro, seeking the word of the Lord, but shall not find it.”
Now I want you to compare this statement by Solomon and Amos to this… “…faith in the prayer - hearing God is outmoded faith. There is no God and there is no soul. Hence, there are no needs for the props of traditional religion like Christmas and Easter
…immutable truth is also dead and buried. There is no room for fixed, natural law – or moral absolutes.”
Who is this speaking? John Dewey - one of the 6 men I said rule the world from their graves. Dewey was the first president of the American Humanist Association. This man has had a huge impact on the academic world – especially our teacher’s unions!
I ask all of us the question…Does Solomon, Amos and John Dewey speak prophetically describing America in another 25 years?
John 8:31, 32 “And Jesus said, if you abide in My word, you are My disciples. And you shall know the truth and truth shall make you free.”
Proverbs 8:32-35 “Listen to me, my children, for blessed are those who keep my ways. Hear instruction and be wise and do not distain it. Blessed is the man who listens to me…for whoever finds me finds life.”
Christmas is a time to remember the birth of Messiah and the life He brought us! Don’t let anyone including the ACLU and the Secular Humanist take this message away from us!
If they succeed, that’s just one more nail in America’s coffin – I assure you!
Last Sunday after church Jill and I were sitting in Burger King with Doug and Jessica and I just happen to pick up the Sacramento Bee and it had an article with this title…“Merry Holiday to all and to some a Christmas fight.”
What’s amazing about this fight is, it’s not the Jews and Muslims that are all bent out of shape with Christmas…it’s the meddling mental midgets and the looney liberal lawyers! Folks, the Jews and Muslims know that…so goes Christianity and so goes their religious freedoms also!
Would you believe that in Eugene Oregon (a very liberal state); there’s a popular bumper sticker that actually says, “So Many Christians, So Few Lions.”
What do you think would happen if that said…“So Many Jews…” or “So Many Muslims…”
Dennis Prager recently wrote an article, "A Jew Defends The Cross", where he eloquently states why he led a fight this past year against the ACLU… he said:
· “I fear those who rewrite history”.
· "I have found over and over that most Christians who preach faith are more tolerant than most leftists who preach tolerance."
· And most important, he states: "I fear the removal of the Judeo-Christian foundation of our society. This is the real battle of our time, indeed the civil war of our time…The left wants America to become secular like Western Europe, not remain the Judeo-Christian country that it has always been…It is not about separation of church and state. It is about separation of a country from its history. And it is about separation of America from its moral foundation."
Thank God for Jewish thinkers like this!
What do all these cities have in common?
· Covington, Georgia
· Mustang, Oklahoma
· Baldwin City, Kansas
· Plano, Texas
· Eugene, Oregon
· Indianapolis, Indiana
· Maplewood, New Jersey
They have all been attacked in different ways by the Meddling Mental Midgets and the Looney Liberal Lawyers for their being pro Christmas!
Everyone of thses cities have or are battling the courts over the expression of Christmas and prayfully they will prefail!
Get theses facts; the Supreme Court has never declaredunconstitutional:
· Singing Christmas carols (even Silent Night) in public schools.
· Students reciting the Christmas story from the Bible.
· Teachers saying or using the words, “Merry Christmas” in public schools.
· To teach about the birth of Jesus Christ.
· A public official using the words, “Merry Christmas” on a government document.
· For a child to give presents to her schoolmates that have written on them, “Jesus Is The Reason For The Season”.
· The use of red and green in public schools.
· Displaying a Christmas tree on government property.
(In fact, the Supreme Court recently said that the Christmas tree is a secular symbol, not a religious symbol!)
What’s happened over the last 10 years is that we’ve been bullied by the ACLU lawyers that crossed this country looking to sound the alarm, “In the name of separation of Church and State, we’ll sue you!” In the name of diversity, we’ll sue you” or “In the name of tolerance, we’ll sue you!”