Summary: Christmas reveals that you are important to God, you are precious to Him, and you are saved by Him.
1 John 5:20 “We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true - even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.”
God came into this world through Jesus Christ. We know God today, because of Jesus.
• Christmas is really the celebration of an invasion – an invasion by God into our world.
• For what purpose? So that you and I will know Him.
• God made himself understandable and approachable. He is not some mysterious force in the universe; He is our heavenly Father.
Do you know God? Do you want to know God? Then you must know Jesus Christ.
• Heb 1:3 “The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by His powerful Word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.”
• Jesus says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well.” (John 14:6-7)
There is no way man can ever know God, unless God shows Himself.
• And this was what He did at Christmas.
• God wants to get in touch with you, because YOU ARE IMPORTANT to Him.
• God wants you to know Him. You matter to God. Your problems matter to God. Your life matters to God.
His apostle John says: “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” (1 John 4:9-10)
Christmas was God’s idea. It was not a man’s invention.
• It was God’s plan, with a PURPOSE in mind and you are that purpose.
• Jesus came to be the “atoning sacrifice for our sins”.
• What sin? Our crime of rejecting God, for not acknowledging Him as God. We strayed from Him and sinned against Him by our unrighteous and immoral living.
He offered Himself so that we can be forgiven. He offered Himself so that “we might live through Him.”
• The question is, “Are you alive today?” I am not saying, are you breathing today, or are you having an existence today?
• Do you have a life – that is purposeful, meaningful and abundant?
Jesus says, “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
• The Bible’s definition of life is not just mere existence. We are all living today, but many are living very sad lives, without meaning and purpose. Some wish to end it.
• The Bible’s definition of life has to do with a relationship with God.
• John 17:3 “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”
Only such a life is meaningful, abundant and eternal.
• Since we cannot know God by our own efforts; God came through Christ.
• Today, God is very present in your life. All you need to do is to respond to Him with faith. He is only a prayer away, if you are willing to believe Him.
• No matter where you are or what you are facing today, God is fully aware and He can help you. I may not, but He is.
Not only are you important to Him, YOU ARE PRECIOUS in His sight.
• 1 John 4:9-10, “This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”
• The emphasis in God’s Word goes beyond just God knowing you but God loving you.
• There is still a difference between knowing and loving someone. Many people know me but not will care about me.
God loves you. You are not a statistic.
• Jesus calls His own sheep by name, He says in John 10:3. You are not a nameless entity to God.
• You may be just a number to our government, among the 5 million people staying in Singapore, but not so with God.
God loves you. You can’t make God stop loving you, because His love is not based on what you do.
• God is love, John says (1 John 4:16). Therefore YOUR LIFE IS PRECIOUS.
• Jesus paid a great price to save you. That’s the price tag on you.
• Value your life. Treasure every moment, because there is value and worth to your life.