Summary: This sermon talks about deliverance from the bondage of evil inheritance
* To inherit means to receive money or something from somebody who has died.
* It means to receive from a predecessor
* So, inheritance is the act of receiving something from someone who has died.
* Usually, someone requiring inheritance from his parents.
I. INHERITANCE BELONGS TO THE FAMILY
* Whatever is inherited from parent ought to be used and passed on to the next generation.
I Kings 21: 1-3
* Naboth inherited the land because his ancestors had passed it unto his father, his own father passed it unto him, and he wanted to pass it to his own children after him.
* Biblically, inheritance is both for the male and female.
II. DEATH ENDS INHERITANCE
* Inheritance could be taken from the original owner-family by death.
I Kings. 21:15-16; Matt. 21:38-39.
* When somebody is dead he or she cannot lay hold on any inheritance any more.
* That is why wise parents prepare their will early enough to ensure that there is no dispute over the property when they are dead.
III. EVIL INHERITANCE
* Just as people inherit
- shares & other blessings
Many also inherit
- evil covenants
- broken home
- delayed marriage
- evil names
- family demons
- ill health
- permeation deaths from the parent or ancestors
* Abraham suffered from this kind of evil inheritance
Gen. 11:20, 22, 24
* His fore fathers had children early, things were well with them.
* The problem started with his own father, Terah
Gen.11:26, 28, 30
* The curse affected Abraham also
IV. ABRAHAM INHERITED BARRENNESS.
* Vertical family curses do not respect anybody who has not broken their effects from his family.
* Whether such a person is a clergy or layman educated or not, rich or poor, male or female, young or old.
* It is a terrible thing that a friend of God also suffered the exact evil his unbelieving father suffered. The truth is that anointing does not cancel-laws &order
* It any man of God out of pride, ignore biblical truth laid down by God, on how to end curses,
* He will notice break through and open doors in other’s lives that he has prayed for but for himself there will be nothing to show for all his anointing.
* Ministry could be frustrating embarrassing & reproachful when laboring under a family curse.
V. ABRAHAM’S SON INHERITED BARRENESS
Gen. 25:20 -21, 26
* For 20 years, Isaac suffered childless.
* Perhaps it was when he remembered that his grand father Terah was 70 years before having a child that he decided he would cry to God.
* When he prayed, probably did family deliverance to himself and to his wife, God answered & bless with twins (Esau & Jacob)
VI. ABRAHAM’S GRANDSON INHERITED BARRENNESS
Gen. 30 : 1
* Jacob was the great grandson of Terah
* He was the one who inherited the promise of Abraham. Yet he experienced vertical family curse that his ancestor all suffered from the third generation.
* Looking at the life of Jacob, Rachael was his real wife.
* So the barrenness affected her.