Summary: Why do we hold onto the good news of what Jesus has done for us instead of sharing it with others in need?
The Path We’ve Trod:
- each of these is both true of the lepers and of us in our spiritual pilgrimage.
1. Desperation leads to decision.
- vv. 3-4.
- they had nothing to lose/they just wanted to live.
- they were sick, separated, and starving.
2. God does a miracle at the moment of action.
- vv. 5-7.
- notice that “twilight” is both when the lepers set off and when the army fled.
3. It works out better than expected.
- v. 8.
- they got refreshment (food and drink), riches, clothing/cf. the spiritual analogies.
4. Their only thought was for themselves.
- vv. 8b-9.
- they were selfish (v. 8) and silent (v. 9).
What We Need To Do:
1. Tell the good news.
- v. 10.
2. Expect some doubt.
- v. 12.
3. Rejoice in seeing others enjoy God’s blessings.
- vv. 15-16.