Summary: Looking at the last days of Christ on the earth
The Denial Of Christ Matthew 26:58, 69-75
01. The Certainty (26:31-32) truth, Scripture fulfilled (26:56)
02. The Concern (26:33) never
03. The Concentration (26:33) neglected, disregarded, missed
04. The Confidence (26:35a) never; I’ll die
05. The Control (26:35b) influence, sway
06. The Communication (26:40-41, 43, 45)
07. The Carelessness (26:51) John 18:10
08. His Compromise (26:58, 69-74)
A. His Following (26:58a) afar off! At a distance
. He wanted to be close without being discovered.
B. His Fellowship (26:58b, 69a, 71a, 73a) drawing to
. 1:00 am / cold - warms up with officers; Mark 14:54
. Sat with the servants / courtyard / gateway / stood with
C. His Friendship (26:69b, 71b, 73b) relationship
. Peters’ Character was questioned (26:69b) Galilean
. Peters’ Connection was questioned (26:71a) with
. Peter’s Communication was questioned (26:73b) speech
. Peters’ Commitment was questioned - John 18:17, 25
D. His Flesh (26:70, 72b, 74b) denial, deceit, lying / weak
E. His Frustration (26:72a) death - with an oath
. Always assumed to be made in the presence of God
. Peter called God as a witness to his lie.
. Angry, embarrassed, trapped, frightened
. Hide his identity & his association with Jesus.
F. His Fear (26:74a) damnation; cursing & swearing
. May God kill & damn me if I’m not speaking the truth!
. Lost all sense of reality & all awareness of God
09. His Consciousness (26:74c-75a) he remembered; Luke 22:61
10. He Cut a trail (26:75b) private moment alone
11. He Cried out to God (26:75c) sob loudly, wept bitterly
. Where is your confidence? Have you contradicted the Word?
. What about your communication with God? Commitment?
. Have you become careless about spiritual things?
. The capability of sin is great in all of us!
. What have you comprehended lately? What do people see in U
. Have you collapsed in your walk with Christ?
. What has God brought back to your consideration? memory
. What are you running from - something done or failed to do?
. What are you crying for? What do you need to confess?