Summary: The devil has a plan for your life But God has a far greater plan and we need to accept it.
Plans are important, aren’t they? Look at this building. Some of you here today can remember back when the planning process began for this building. Even though I was not here, I am sure that the plan was to build a church in which people could come to and worship Jesus Christ. This was the plan in building this building.
You see, before every stone, wire, window and wall, there was a plan. Everything here reflects the plans that someone thoughtfully worked through and laid out. Others took those plans and constructed this place. It took time and money and energy. It required foresight and dedication and persistence. We gather here today and enjoy the benefit of all that went into planning and implementing that plan.
When we worship and share in the Word of God and in fellowship with the Lord and one another here we are honoring the plan for this place.
Today, I believe that we are honoring the original plan for this building. This is a church and we use it accordingly. We would never think about turning this place into a furniture store on weekdays would we? No! We recognize the purpose for the place here and try to do what honors the plan.
Plans are vitally important. When we make something, we have a plan, a purpose for it don’t we. God made each one of us and I believe He has a plan for us as well.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
The Scriptures are very clear. God has plans for us and in this we can find comfort. But I also believe that the devil has plans for us as well and many are walking in Satan’s plans as we speak. They may not even realize it, but they are. He is out to destroy our relationship with God. Satan is crafty and he has a strategy in accomplishing his goal. Friends, the devil has plans for your life.
First of all, I believe that he uses…
I.Doubt - To make you question God’s word and His goodness.
A. Don’t ever doubt that doubt is from Satan.
1. A perfect Biblical account of how Satan places doubt is us is found early in the Scripture. When we look in the book of Genesis we see how crafty Satan is. It is Satan himself who causes Eve to doubt God by questioning His Word, Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2. Satan even tried to get Job to curse God Job 1:11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
3. Satan is seeking to devour Christians 1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
4. Satan wants to devour our commitment to God and our testimony before others. One of his most successful ways he does this is by introducing doubt into the mind.
B. Most of the time we don’t even realize that it is Satan that is placing doubt in our minds. We may say we trust Jesus with everything but for most there is that small yet ever present doubt.
VIDEO: “Trust Fall”
1.We have a difficult time fully trusting God at times don’t we? When things are peachy king, we trust Him very well but when times are difficult we have a hard time placing our trust in Him.
2.Living the Christian life is more than knowing Jesus; it’s having a personal relationship with Him that surpasses head knowledge and is built and nurtured deep within our hearts.
3.It’s not just knowing He is always there for us, It’s believing He is always there for us even when we may not see Him, we feel Him.
4.Doubt is from Satan! He will and does use it as a powerful weapon to rip apart our relationships with Jesus.
5. You see, the devil has a plan for your life: Doubt - To make you question God’s word and His goodness which will lead us into Discouragement - To make you look at your problems rather than at God.
II.Discouragement - To make you look at your problems rather than at God.
A.The devil has a plan to take our focus off of Jesus. And the sad truth is that he is very successful in doing this with many of us at many times.