Summary: This is the 9th sermon in the series "Unlocking The Doors To Freedom".
Series: Unlocking The Doors To Freedom (Galatians) #9
THE DOOR OF PROOF
1. What does a Christian look like?
2. How do you really know if someone is a Christian?
3. Our text defines for us bad fruit and good fruit. Which is your life bearing?
Key #1: Bad Fruit
1. The bad fruit (3 categories):
„© Sensual sins: Sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; drunkenness and orgies.
„© Superstitious sins: Idolatry and witchcraft.
„© Social sins: Hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy.
2. The warning: ¡§Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God¡¨. Does this mean if you commit any of these sins that you are not saved?
3. The action: ¡§Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires¡¨ (vs. 24).
Key #2: Good Fruit
1. The good fruit (3 categories):
„© God-ward: Love, joy, and peace.
„© Man-ward: Patience, kindness, and goodness.
„© Self-ward: Faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
2. The warning: ¡§Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other¡¨ (vs.26).
3. The action: ¡§¡Klet us keep in step with the Spirit¡¨ (vs. 25).
1. Christians, we are not to be fruit inspectors, but fruit producers.
2. If all your life produces is bad fruit, you should be concerned.
3. Let the Holy Spirit lead.