Summary: We usually hear messages about the responsibility that a pastor has to his church. This is a message about the responsibility a church has to her pastor!
THE DUTY OF CHURCHES TO THEIR PASTORS
1 Corinthians 16:10
INTRO: The Word of God is a perfect rule of faith and practice. It is not only profitable for doctrine, reproof and correction, but for perfection instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be thoroughly furnished unto all good
Every station and office has its corresponding duties. There are the parental duties of parents, the filial duties or obedience of children.
There arepastoral duties of the minister. There are duties which involve the Church which is sending the minister out. There are also duties of the Church which is receiving him.
I. DUTY OF THE CHURCH WHICH SENDS HIM.
A. The Duty Of Ordination.
1. By ordaining this man you signify that you believe in what he
2. You signify that you will stand behind him and support him.
B. The Duty Of Prayer.
1. By sending him out you signify that you will stand behind him
2. This must not be an occasional prayer but continuous,
uplifting, supporting prayer.
C. The Duty Of Encouragement.
1. As a new minister he will face disappointments. Your job is
2. He will face many trials. Your job is steadfastness.
II. THE DUTY OF THE CHURCH WHICH CALLS HIM.
A. Supply His Physical Needs.
1. If he is fully engaged in supplying your spiritual needs then
you must supply him his physical needs.
2. The amount is according to the ability of the Church.
3. Our business world pays a man well for caring for the machin
ery of that business.
4. Shouldn’t the one who cares for the human soul be cared for as
well, for surely a soul is of far greater value.
B. Give Him Your Confidence So He Is Without Fear In Serving You.
C. Be Regular In Your Attendance Of All Services.
D. Pray Fervently And Continually For Him.
E. Practice What He Preaches.
1. Live his sermons.
2. Let what he says guide your lives.