Summary: These are three news paper articles I wrote for the local newspaper, stressing our need for leadership in Government. These articles, talk about what a leader looks like, how are country was formed, and the moral issues of our day, enjoy!
From A Pastoral Perspective......
Title: The Next Emerging Leader
At any moment now we are all going to hear what we have been waiting for, the election of Prime Minister. I have been waiting for this announcement with excitement for the sole reason that we need leadership and direction. As a nation we have been lacking direction. There is no question we need change, but who is the right person for the job? I believe many Canadians are confused about who will lead us for the next 4 years. It is a concern of mine that many Canadians don’t know what a leader looks like today. We haven’t seen the emergence of a leader who is willing to serve the public and not there own self interests.
So what should we be looking for when we go to vote for our next Prime Minister? I have been reading a book called, “The Next Generation Leader” by Andy Stanley. He gives us some helpful tips about leadership in today’s world. I would like to give you those 5 points from his book to help you and I in the next election chose a leader we can all be proud of. They are: (Information given from Andy Stanley’s book - The Next Generation Leader)
1. Competence - Don’t chose a politician that can be all things to all people, chose someone that will channel their energies toward areas which they are mostly likely to excel. Don’t be nervous if they say they can’t do all things or they can’t be all things to all, rather rejoice!
2. Courage - Look for a leader that has the courage to initiate or set things in motion, to move us ahead. A leader must be a person that has the courage to delegate, not hoard all the responsibility.
3. Clarity - Uncertain times require clear directives from those in leadership. I like a leader that is to the point, clear and will bring us direction. Not someone who doesn’t know what to say, or where we should go.
4. Coaching - Look for a leader who is willing to learn. The candidates may be good, but they could always be better. I look for someone who is willing to grow and learn from others.
5. Character - You can lead without character, but you won’t be a leader worth following. We have leaders today that aren’t worth following. We need someone first that will bring Canada together morally and spiritually and that simply won’t happen without character.
Our next Prime Minister must have all 5 of these qualities in order to lead effectively. If he does not, we are not going to get the direction this nation needs to be the best we can be. Just don’t vote for the sake of voting but look to each candidate and see if all 5 qualities are there and being worked on. It is my desire to see us all prosper and excel, but we need a leader to lead us now, not tomorrow.
By Rev Dana Visneskie
Bethel Pentecostal Tabernacle
Any questions or comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: The Emerging Leader (Part 2)
Last week I wrote an article that described and showed what a leader looks like. I gave 5 perspectives from Andy Stanley’s book, “The Next Generation Leader” that were: