Summary: The death and resurrection of Christ was the most important event in human history. It is the cornerstone of the Christian faith
The death and resurrection of Christ was the most important event in human history. It is the cornerstone of the Christian faith because it:
1. Demonstrates God’s extreme passion for us – so loving that He would go through torture and even death for us.
2. Demonstrates that God does have an interest in our lives and wants to have a personal relationship with us.
3. Demonstrates the power of God over sin, persecution, and even death.
The life, death, and resurrection of Jesus represents the process of becoming bulletproof against the roaring waves of life, the winds of change, and the sting of death.
I Corinthians 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." 55 "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
This is a promise for when Jesus comes, but there is a reason this was put in the Bible – so that we could live our story knowing the ending.
How does life change when you know the the end? Let’s look at the Jesus.
Jesus stayed Connected to the Father
- He kept relationship through prayer
- He revealed God’s nature and intentions through His Word
- He sought time to be alone for long periods of time with God
Jesus knew His purpose
- Jesus focused His life on His main purpose on earth, He did not have to work it into His schedule
- Jesus knew that His life WAS the purposes of God
- Jesus never wavered from that purpose, but did spent 30 years preparing Himself for it – growing in stature, wisdom, favor with God, and favor with man.
Jesus knew who He was
- Even from His youth, we can see that he knew that He was the very Son of God
- He showed who was with actions much more than He did with His mouth
- He taught that who you were was based on what you produced and showed in life – what he referred to as your fruit.
Jesus was fearless
- Jesus had no fear of opinion, injury, religion, tradition, government, social issues, or death.
- He spoke what God told Him to speak without reservation.
- He trusted God for every aspect of His life without question.
- He loved and did good things without fear of being hurt or even betrayed.
Jesus lived like there was no tomorrow
- He taught that tomorrow was not guaranteed and that we should seek God today, while He can still be found.