Summary: 1 Samuel 17:8 And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me. 9 If he be able
THE EVIL CHAMPION
I Samuel 17: 24 When the Israelites saw the man, they all ran from him in great fear.
25 Now the Israelites had been saying, "Do you see how this man keeps coming out? He comes out to defy Israel. The king will give great wealth to the man who kills him. He will also give him his daughter in marriage and will exempt his father’s family from taxes in Israel."
26 David asked the men standing near him, "What will be done for the man who kills this Philistine and removes this disgrace from Israel? Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?"
Compensation for your troubles.
• God doesn’t expect you to just go through trouble.
• The prize fighter never enters the ring without having his compensation pre-arranged.
• You are unwilling to fight because you think your just fighting to be fighting and don’t realize there’s a prize.
• I don’t know about you but I want more than a trophy.
7"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.
8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
• There is an open door in front of you that NO MAN can shut.
• The only one that can shut a door God opens for you is YOU!
• You need to open up what already is. It has always been there you just haven’t seen it.
• You need to get your eyes off: The circumstance, You and on the prize.
9 For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
SOMETHING IS STANDING IN FRONT OF YOUR DOOR.
3 And the Philistines stood on a mountain on the one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side: and there was a valley between them.
4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
* Notice there was a MOUNTAIN, than a VALLEY, than a MOUNTAIN.
* You can’t miss the VALLEY. MOST LOVE IT ON THE MOUNTAIN.
* The Bible says there was a Champion – representing the Philistines wanting to fight 1 from Israel.
THE WAR WAS FOUGHT IN THE VALLEY BETWEEN 2 CHAMPIONS.
• May I suggest to you that many think they have many adversities?
• Things that plague you that you don’t talk about.
• I’M HERE TO SUBMIT TO YOU THAT THERE IS 1 CHAMPION THAT IT IS ALL TIED TO.
• All those little things that keep you coming to the alter week after week BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN AVOIDING THE CHAMPION THAT REPRESENTS THEM ALL.
The real problem might be you’re selfish.
• All the other stuff you deal with stems from that selfishness because it feeds that Champion.
• It may be FEAR – which makes you mean, nasty, irritable and you deal with them but not the root.
• It may be PRIDE – You fight your: call, leadership, stubbornness BUT IF YOU WOULD JUST DEAL WITH THE CHAMPION YOU WOULDN’T BE SO MISABLE.
Some of you get will religious because you kill the little things – yet avoid the Champion…..THE THING BEHIND THE VEIL.
You must deal with the big thing that is feeding the little things that is standing in front of your door.
• There’s a Champion that is standing between you and the victory that God has for you and defies the armies of God.
When you’re boxing you focus on the one in the stands.
• You don’t fight: the spectators, trainers. THAT WON’T WIN YOU THE PRIZE.
• It reality terms, you blame the preacher, make excuses. BLAME EVRYBODY ELSE OTHER THAN YOU>
• You must ask yourself, “What is the real Champion that has been running my life?”
• It can’t be everybody else all the time.
• It’s easier to blame Melissa, or Daniel.
• DEAL WITH THE CHAMPION. What have you been avoiding? What causes you temporary peace? What is robbing your family, You?
1 Samuel 17:4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
5 And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.