Summary: 1. You can’t out-give God 2. God will be no one’s debtor 3. He invites us to trust his Word 4. He challenges us to put him to the test
- Expressing celebration
- Lavish, Unrestrained
- Spending much more than necessary
Psalm 103:1–5 (AV)
— 1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with love & kindness and tender mercies; 5 Who satisfieth thy mouth (desires)with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
1) Forgives all our sins - v.3
2) Heals all our diseases - v.3 (Paul my grace is sufficient 2 Co. 12:9)
2 Corinthians 12:7–9 (AV) — 7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
3) Redeems our life from destruction - v.4 - (SALVATION)
4) Crowns us with love, kindness, & tender mercies - v.4
5) Satisfies our desires with good things - v.5
6) Renews strength & vigor - v.5
v.1- Remember & Worship
- 3x BLESS - Through Praise
QUESTION:- What do we worship?
You simply follow the trail of your time, your affection,
your energy, your money, and your allegiance.
At the end of that trail you’ll find a throne; and whatever, or whoever, is on that throne iswhat’s of highest value to you.
On that throne is what you worship.”.......Louie Giglio
Key Words To Help You With Throne Worship
- They appear repeatedly in the Bible? Words like,
Belief - 272 verses
Prayer - 271 verses
Love - 714 verses
Give - 2162 verses
Money - References - 2300 verses
- In the Gospels alone the average is that every 6th verse deals with the issue of money or giving.
- How you deal with money says more about you than probably any aspect of your personality
- Mother Theresa - "If you give what you do not need, it isn’t giving".
Luke 6:38 (AV) — 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Galatians 6:7 (AV) — 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Here is a illustration of the purchase of grain. A generous seller not only fills the measuring container for the customer, but then presses down the grain and shakes the container to make room for even more. The then tops it off until it overflows into the customer’s lap
Pay It Forward - Lk. 6:38.
Give and it shall be given:
You give and I will take care of the rest