Summary: Noah or no one else had ever seen or heard of rain thus far, but Noah believed that it surely would because God said so, he was a witness to one and all as he preached and warned for 120 years, today we're preaching to the lost, but most don't heed it.
#4~ Heb.11:7 NOAH 6-29-14
@@@James 2:14 -- @@@ Gen 6:13--22
Today we'll continue our study of Heb.11: -- often called the "hall of faith" chapter.
We've already talked about Abel, and Enoch, so today we'll think on and talk about Noah, all 3 of these men were before the flood. -- Antediluvians.
* In Abel we saw the way of faith; (offering the right kind of sacrifice, which was pointing to Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God}
* Enoch illustrated the walk of faith; he lived a godly life that was pleasing to God. -- Enoch is typical of the church, in that he did not go through the Flood, which is a type of the tribulation, he was translated, the Church; because we have faith in God's word, will be translated, that is, we'll be raptured before the tribulation.
* Noah is the witness of faith, he was directed by God to build an ARK, God told him that He was going to destroy all that breathed on the earth with a flood because all that man thought about was wickedness continually, in faith Noah obeyed. -- the flood had no effect on the sea creatures.
Noah or no one else knew what rain was, it had never rained, but never the less he had faith that what God said about rain would come to pass.
>Gen. 2:5 -- for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, --
* Listen as I read today's text found in Heb.11:7.
7By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
We see here that Noah was warned of something that had never happened before. --- His faith was shown in not only agreeing that the flood would come, but in doing what God told him to do regarding the flood. - He was moved with godly fear.
LISTEN; He prepared an ark: we notice that Noah's faith was shown by his works.
~ As believers, our faith will be seen in their WORKS, we don't work to be saved or to keep us saved, but Christians will do good works because they are saved.
~ Doing good works is what determines the rewards we'll receive at the Judgment seat of Christ; our salvation was Gods gift because we believe in and receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior. --- We do no works to receive salvation or to keep saved. -- our salvation is God's business, not ours.
>Rom. 6: 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
* Paul say's this about works and faith.
> Eph.2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: -- 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. -- 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Paul said, (I'm paraphrasing now) "by the grace of God we are saved through our faith, in Him of course.
In verse 10 he said, "That God has foreordained that we should walk in good works." -- In other words, now that we're saved, let others know it by seeing our good works.