Summary: Jesus is the REDEEMER! But God used the family in bringing redemption to the lost. Your family can be used by God, too.
Today, in this family retreat we will be discussing from the word of God, how we (our families) can be useful in bringing holiness in our community.
I. THE RISE, THE FALL AND THE REDEMPTION OF FAMILY, Gen. 1:28, Gen. 3
A. THE FAMILY IS ORDAINED TO POPULATE THE WORLD WITH GODLY PEOPLE. (Gen. 1:27-31)
1. God created male and female to become parents.
• Godly parents—male and female—not same gender
2. God communicated to them his will. (Go and Multiply. Subdue the earth. Rule over other creations.)
B. THE FAMILY IS DECEIVED TO PROPAGATE MAN’S EQUALITY WITH GOD. (Gen. 3)
Through the first man, Adam, the first parent/father man is deceived. This deception altered the purpose of family in multiflying and subduing the earth.
1. Satan polluted the mind of the first male and female (the first family).
• If it taste good, it is acceptable! (Pleasing to the eyes.)
• “If you love me, you’ll let me do what I enjoy to do. Que sera, sera!”
2. Satan twisted God’s word to make man follow his own will.
• It’s not what he said. God doesn’t mean that.
• You can be god. You can do anything you want.
• You can be wise as God.
C. THE FAMILY IS UTILIZED TO NAVIGATE MAN BACK TO GOD. Genesis 4-6
We must thankful to God that he did not remove the family’s role in bringing forth godly people on earth. He still commisioned families, families that are godly like the families that will be enumerated below. In Genesis 4-6 and other part of the Bible including in New Testament, God commanded the families to bring the lost families in His fold.
1. God did not give up; He included families in the plan of redemption.
• Adam and Eve—Abel
• Abraham and Sarah—Isaac
• Isaac and Rebekah—Jacob
• Jacob and Raquel—Joseph…
• Joseph and Mary…
2. God promised He would send a WAY through a family. (Gen 3:15)
D. THE FAMILY IS COMMISIONED TO INSTIGATE GODLINESS BACK IN THE WORLD. (Deut. 6:5-7)
1. God commanded the parents to teach God’s way to children. (Deuteronomy 6)
2. God worked through family lines to bring hope for every nation. (Genesis 12)
II. BECOMING A FAMILY GOD WANTED, Romans 12:1-2
A. BECOME A GODLY PARENTS
1. Know God and His will
2. Know your purpose and roles
B. UNLEARN SATAN’S DECEPTIONS.
1. Know the truths of God.
2. Renew your minds.
C. ALLOW YOUR FAMILY TO BE USED BY GOD.
1. Give up and give everything to God.
2. Get ready to bring the WAY to others.
D. LIVE IN GODLINESS AND LEAVE WORLDLINESS. (1 PETER 1:16)
1. Teach your family about God in everything you do.
2. Make your family a channel of blessings.