Summary: How’s your family this morning? Strong, vibrant, standing in good relationships with love? Or is it filled with anger, yelling, crying and desperation? Our families today are under attack like never before, it’s time to reclaim our homes for Christ.
"The Family Under Attack!"
"Home Improvement" series Part 1 of 5
Text: Psalm 127:1
Cross Creek Community Church
Pastor Dave Martin - February 3, 2002
God’s Word is Powerful, Relevant, and Life Changing!
Psalm 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.
Like never before in the history of America, our families are under attack. The word attack means to affect in a harmful way, using vigorous or violent force. The primary role of the family is parenting, that of raising children. This great institution of marriage that God designed is the basic unit of society and the church. The family is of critical importance.
You and I and our children are the products of our homes. We often fear communism, terrorism, crime, or a major disease and yet are complacent when it comes to our families. How’s your family this morning? Strong, vibrant, standing in good relationships with love? Or is it filled with anger, yelling, crying and desperation? Our families today are under attack like never before, it’s time to reclaim our homes for Christ.
Why are our families splintering? Why is the divorce rate at 50%? The Christian has three enemies the Bible speaks about - The World system, our old fleshly nature, and Satan himself. Satan is out to destroy you, your children and your home. God tells us in...
Ephes. 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Families falling apart is not new. We see Satan attacking the home and the family way back in the Garden of Eden. Where we see Adam & Eve disobeying God then their son Cain getting angry and killed his brother Abel.
Genesis 4:8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let’s go out to the field." And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
Satan has not changed his strategy. He’s a liar from the beginning and a liar today. A deceiver, who abides not in the truth. His goal has always been to divide and conquer. We’re told in...
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
His ways are alluring, even appearing spiritual as an angel of light. Oh, how we need to be walking in the truth of God’s Word. Satan will attack the home in many area’s. Christians need to be aware of his schemes.
2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
Many today are shallow, surface Christians, not knowing God’s Word and ignorant of our adversaries’ devices or deceived and walking in pride blind to the truth. Living a facade, a double agent lifestyle, trying to look good on the outside while your home disintegrates. Becoming discouraged, defeated and confused, not knowing what to do.
KEY TRUTH - To honestly face the problem and understand God provides the answer.
A few of the Major Battlegrounds for our Families...
1. HUMANISTIC "enlightenment". (Acts 17:23)
There is no God, secular education, redefined terms.
* Humanism is a system of thought that centers on human beings and their value, capacities and worth their capacity for truth and goodness apart from God.
* We see this so called "enlightenment" constantly in the teaching of evolution.
Acts 17:23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.
* In Kate Millet’s book (a women liberation movement member) "Sexual Politics" she says, "The family must go because it is the family that has oppressed and enslaved women".
* In David Cooper’s book (a British physician) "The Death of the Family" says, "the best thing society could do is to abolish the family altogether".
* This Humanistic thought is seen in TV, Education institutions, everywhere in society.
* Humanistic thought is from the pits of hell and is attacking our homes with lies.
* To counter this scheme we need to bath ourselves daily in God’s Word - TRUTH.
2. AMORAL philosophy. (Rom 1:21)
No accountability, restraints, or standards, I’m boss, I’ll do what I please.
* God’s standard of one man and one woman for one lifetime is being redefined.
* Homosexuality, transvestites, perverted lifestyles are redefining the home & marriage.
* It was Adam & Eve NOT Adam & Steve. This "gay" lifestyle is perversion and highly destructive of the traditional home and family.
Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.