Summary: • Last week we started on a series about the Fearless Christian. • We learned last week that fear is a spirit that leads to destruction. • Fear destroys your confidence in the Word of God. Fear allows the devil to gain a strong hold in your life. • S
• Last week we started on a series about the Fearless Christian.
• We learned last week that fear is a spirit that leads to destruction.
• Fear destroys your confidence in the Word of God. Fear allows the devil to gain a strong hold in your life.
• Satan can do nothing to a fearless Christian. So we must be convinced that God’s Word works every time.
• Don’t accept the whispers of Satan.
• Fear comes from a sense of powerlessness over the future.
• Fear is contaminated faith.
• This week I want to continue on the subject of fear. Fear is a spiritual force that operates like faith.
• Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
• When you operate by fear, you expect negative things to happen to you, and eventually they will.
• When you live by faith, you expect and hope for the best.
• Fear opposes the Word of God, while faith is rooted in the Word of God.
• Let us look to the Word of God and continue this week on the Fearless Christian.
(NKJV) 2 Timothy 1 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
(AMP) 2 Timothy 1 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
1) Fear is faith in reverse.
a) Shout… Fear is faith in reverse.
b) Shout… I have the Holy Spirit that dwells in me!
c) Fear is the reciprocal of faith.
d) Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
e) Fear comes by hearing the words of the Satan.
(NKJV) 1 John 4 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
i) Fear is based in selfishness, but perfected love casts out all fear.
ii) Just as faith is a law, so is fear.
(1) A law is an established principle that works for anyone who gets involved.
2) God has not given you a spirit of fear.
a) Shout… Fear, doubt, unbelief, I cast you out in Jesus name.
b) Satan wants you to fear that God's Word will not work for you.
i) He wants you to believe God will not supply your needs.
ii) In these last days, the hearts of many will fail them because of fear.
(NKJV) Luke 21 25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
c) Satan speaks words that oppose God's Word, which produces fear.
i) Satan spoke words that contradicted God's Word. Know the Word of God! This is your protection from the enemy!
ii) The spirit of fear causes you to think you are missing out on something.
3) Job operated in fear.