Summary: • As we continue a walk in this new year of God’s Divineness, we will experience change, expansion, new levels and extreme favor. • Today I want to challenge each of you to never get in fear, but walk in faith. God will do a tremendous work through you
• As we continue a walk in this new year of God’s Divineness, we will experience change, expansion, new levels and extreme favor.
• Today I want to challenge each of you to never get in fear, but walk in faith. God will do a tremendous work through you if you will not fear man, the world’s system or give into the test and trials in 2009.
• Fear will destroy your confidence and leave you powerless, so walk in faith.
• Fear is based on selfishness, and Satan uses fear as a weapon against you.
• Without fear, the enemy can do nothing in your life.
• Today I want you to examine yourself and identify your fears.
• Find out what God says about fear and make a decision to live by faith.
• This year we need to be walking by faith and not by sight. We will have to trust that the Lord knows what He is doing. Don’t fear.
• Let’s look at what the Word of God has to say about the Fearless Christian at Spirit Life Christian Church!
(NKJV) 2 Timothy 1 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
(AMP) 2 Timothy 1 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
1) Fear is a spirit that leads to destruction.
a) Shout…I have no fear because Jesus is here!
b) Shout… When I walk by faith, I drive out fear!
i) Fear destroys your confidence and causes you to forget who you are in Christ. Know your God given rights.
ii) When you allow fear to govern your life, you give Satan access to your affairs.
(1) Fear is often expressed in anger.
(2) Fear brings torment.
iii) There is nothing Satan can do to a fearless Christian.
iv) In order to expand our territory and go to new levels in Christ, we cannot fear the change that is coming.
2) The fearful and unbelieving people will have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone.
(NKJV) Revelation 21 6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
a) Shout… I am convinced that the Word of God is the truth!
b) Satan starts the process of destroying your life by making suggestions that contradict God's Word
(NKJV) Genesis 3 1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” 2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’”