Summary: The glourious change our body makes at dfeath
- American frontier was the unexplored the unknown areas in the American west
- The final adventure
- Star Trek - “Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It's five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.”
- The final unexplored frontier is the reality of Eternity
- Going beyond death
- Our outlook on death has changed
- In the 1800’s families used to go the cemetery to have picnics
- This was a way of remembering their loved ones
- Having their loved one present.
- Today we only visit cemeteries is for a burial service
- Imagine seeing someone having a picnic in a cemetery today
- Another view of death is the fact that 80% die in hospitals or convalescent homes
- It used to be that families would gather around the bed of a dying loved one in the home
- We hide the reality of death away in institutions
- We try to put death as far from us as we can
-When we remove death from our midst, we begin to remove God from our midst.
- God is the one who gives and takes life
- We replace God with medicine and medical teams & techniques - What do we need to know, to understand death?
Billy Graham’s father-in-law, Dr. L. Nelson Bell
“Only those who are prepared to die are really prepared to live.”
- Are you living in Christ?
- Have you given your fears to the One who loved you before you were born?
- Is your eternal destination with or without God?
I. Into The New Frontier
- A resurrected Life
- Paul’s double question - v. 35
- His answer comes from seed planting – v.36
The Living Bible | 1 Co 15:36
What a foolish question! You will find the answer in your own garden! When you put a seed into the ground it doesn’t grow into a plant unless it “dies” first.
1. It will NOT be the SAME BODY that was buried - v. 37
- No diseased, broken, nor deformed bodies there.
2. It will be a GOD-GIVEN BODY - v. 38
- He does the changing
Mark 4:26–28 (AV)
26 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should casted into the ground;
27 And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
28 For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
3. It will be a body SUITED TO THE INDIVIDUAL – v.38-41
- Look at variety of His creation of life
- Each for His purpose
4. It will be an INCORRUPTIBLE BODY - v. 42
- Today everything decays
- In eternity the body is incapable of death, disease, or decay.
5. It will be a BODY of GLORY & POWER- v. 43
- A seed has nothing to admire
- When it comes to life and full bloom what a change
- We are going to be like His own glorious body
1 John 3:2 (AV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Matthew 17:2 (AV)
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.