Summary: What kind of legacy that you want your life to be remembered? People measure fulfillment of life based on the properties they acquired, position they attained and education they get. But time and time again, history proved them wrong.
THE FULFILLING LIFE OF SERVICE
What kind of legacy that you want your life to be remembered? What statement about your life you want to be inscribed at your tomb stone?
Many people have a wrong concept of fulfillment in their lives. They measure fulfillment of life based on the properties they acquired, position they attained and education they get. But time and time again, history proved them wrong.
• You can be a wealthy and genius as Solomon and yet feel that your life is a mistake!
• You can have the strength of Samson and yet live the life of a failure!
• You can have the power of Herod and yet unhappy, discontented and lost!
• You can have the high position of Pilate and yet confused and unsaved!
• You can have the handsome face of Absalom and yet unsatisfied and empty!
• You can have the kingdom of king Darius and yet helpless and insecure!
My friend, there is no fulfilling experience than to accomplished the very purpose of God in our lives.
When Apostle Paul summed up the life of David, Paul described him as the man who served God’s purpose in his own Generation. Meaning, he accomplished and fulfilled the purpose of God in His life
Act 13:36 For when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his fathers and his body decayed.
I. HE SERVE HIS PURPOSE FOR HIS FAMILY
God created us for a purpose and one of this is to be an active member of a family. Since the very first day that we were born, God created us to bring joy and excitement to our family. David served his purpose in his life by helping, supporting and caring for his family.
1. He cared for his family business
1Sa 16:19 Therefore Saul sent messengers to Jesse, and said, "Send me your son David, who is with the sheep."
When some of our young people today uncaringly spend the hard-earned money of their parent like the prodigal son, David watches the sheep of his father in the field.
2. He cared for his Father’s business
1Sa 17:15 But David occasionally went and returned from Saul to feed his father’s sheep at Bethlehem.
When our generation easily forgets the welfare of their parent once they found their own fortune, David occasionally check the situation of his father’s business
3. He supported his brother’s need
1Sa 17:17 Then Jesse said to his son David, "Take now for your brothers an ephah of this dried grain and these ten loaves, and run to your brothers at the camp.
If we failed to serve our divine purpose for our family, we cannot serve our very purpose in our workplace and even in our community.
As member of the Family of God, Christians should also serve their purpose for the Family of God.
• Care for the Family Business: Feeding the sheep by the word and protecting them
• Care for our Father’s business: Saving Soul through the gospel
• Care for our brothers: Ministry, Compassion, Prayer
• Finding the lost sheep: - Evangelism, Missions
II. HE SERVE HIS PURPOSE FOR HIS WORK PLACE
David’s destiny is the throne. However, during the process of preparation, he should be a faithful armor-bearer to the king Saul. He should prove to be a faithful employee before he can become successful employer
He serves his employer well
1Sa 16:21 So David came to Saul and stood before him. And he loved him greatly, and he became his armorbearer.
The fact that it is mentioned that King Saul loved him is an indication of David’s good service to his Employer.
He bring God’s testimony even on the workplace
1Sa 16:23 And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him.
David brought healing to his workplace by bringing the presence and anointing of God with him. We as Christian should bring the refreshing and healing presence of God to our company and employer by continually releasing the blessing of God through prayer. We should bless your employer rather than cursing them.
As a Christian, we should bring God’s testimony in our workplace
• We should serve our employer as we are serving to the Lord
• We should be the light of the world who bring the light of Jesus to the dying world
• We should be the salt of the earth who bring God’s healing to the rotten world
III. HE SERVE HIS PURPOSE FOR HIS COUNTRY
When duty to serve his country call, David did not hesitate to render service