Summary: An exposition of the future blessing described in Eph. 1: 9-14 and the conclusion of three messages on the spiritual blessings of Ephesians chapter 1.
Ephesians 1: 9 - 14
The future blessing and Conclusion
Meeting Creek Oct. 15/00
Scripture Reading Ephesians 1:9-14
We all like a good mystery. Halloween and the need for mystery
Paul talks about a mystery
read Eph 1: 9,10
He uses the word very differently
we think of mystery as knowledge withheld
He uses it to mean truth revealed
- truth outside the range of unassisted natural understanding
- made known by divine revelation
- time and manner appointed by God and only to those illuminated by the HS
ex. Man’s choice and God’s choice - only partly revealed
the way to find forgiveness is fully revealed in Jesus Christ
Here Paul says the mystery of God’s will is revealed to us!
- what is God’s will?
To bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head - Jesus Christ
This is the future blessing
1. the future is sure - we can have confidence
2. Standard upon which to judge "lesser" things as God’s will
3. Threat to those things that do not fit in
Summerize three blessings in Eph 1:11-14
1) past - chosen vs. 11
2)present - adoption and redemption v. 13 (included in Christ)
3)future - unification v. 13,14 = final redemption
Does anyone wish to tell me what is the most important word in this passage?
Every spiritual blessing from the past present and future has been given to us!
- Like David anointed king but waiting even though it was done
They are yours now - live in them!