Summary: God is a God of breakthrough
THE GOD OF BREAKTHROUGH
In our text we have the Prophet Micah who is speaking the heart & mind of God & is declaring God’s judgment upon Samaria & Jerusalem because of their sins!
& the judgment was’nt very nice!
The prophet declares that the judge was coming, referring to God!!
& God was angry because of wide-spread sin of idolatry, covetousness & abuses & among other things)
- & this isn’t just referring to the leaders, but to everyone who had cultivated a heart to do evil in the sight of God & who were oppressing the people!!
Whatever they coveted they took, even to a person’s land & house, if they wanted it, they would take it!!
- They would steal the property of widows & leave them to suffer with no place to live!!
- So God declares thru the prophet that some pretty heavy things were going to happen to them for what they were doing to the people & for their sins!!
- whatever they had taken, the prophet declares that God was going to take from them!!!
- Also this is talking about their impending captivity to Babylon
- & so the whole scene is not a pretty sight!!
- & then I Chapter 2: 12-13 the scene abruptly shifts to Lord’s restoration.
- I think all of us can agree that before we were born again our lives were under the judgment of God because of our sin!!
- Hey if were honest with ourselves, some of us did some pretty ugly things that were not proud of!!
- We can look back & remember that some of us were pretty messed up, & that the God honest truth & let’s not try to hide it!!
- & because of that, our sin brought the judgement of God upon our lives!!
Rom 2:5-6 But because of your stubbornness12 and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath for yourselves in the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment is revealed!13
He14 will reward 15 each one according to what he has done.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Then Jesus came into our lives & changed the course of everything!!
- You can even say that he came into our lives abruptly & changed everything!!
- Thank God for his only begotten..JESUS!!!
- Who in our place died for our sins!!
We’ve been redeemed, recovered, reclaimed, bought back, purchased, delivered, dis-imprisoned, emancipated, liberated, loosened, released, set free, saved & rescued By the Precious Blood of JESUS!!!
1Pe 1:18-19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
- Jesus is our savior, our liberator, our salvager, our salvation, the Messiah!!!
- In essence He’s our hero!!
- In the book of Micah the people as well as the leaders of Jerusalem & Samaria are under the judgment of God, then all of a sudden in vrse 12, there is a transition!!!
- It’s kind of like salvation, 1 second you’re not saved, then the moment you open your heart to Christ & confess him as Lord, in that moment you’re saved!!
- Here in chptr 2 we have the judgement of God, & then all of a sudden, there’s restoration for those that have survived all the ugliness & had been broken!!
Mic 2:12-13 rd KJV
Mic 2:12-13 I will certainly gather all of you, O Jacob, I will certainly assemble those Israelites who remain. I will bring them together like sheep in a fold, like a flock in the middle of a pasture; they will be so numerous that they will make a lot of noise. The one who can break through barriers will lead them out they will break out, pass through the gate, and leave.
Their king will advance before them,The LORD himself will lead them.
1. God can restore.
a.) I think we all know that God is a God who restores!
- He restores, renews, rebuilds, recovers, heals, cures, mends, re-establishes, retouches, refreshes & revives!!
1. He restores lives, restores hearts, restores minds, restores relationships & friendships, restores families & marriages!!
2. Jesus has the power of restoration!
b.) In vrses 12-13 there’s a remnant of God’s people spoken of who had been dispersed or spread out!!
1. These were the people who survived what was going on in their land. (foretold captivity.)
- but they were broken, wounded, hurt people spread out all over the land!!
- & the prophet declares to them that God would restore them & gather them all together again !!