Summary: Each of us need do be shown and encouraged how to live the God Pleasing Life thereby finding favor with men and seeing many saved.
THE GOD PLEASING LIFE
A. One of the best known phrases in Christendom is from the Westminster Catechism “Man’s chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him for ever!”
1. What a wonderful thought, isn’t it
2. It is a thought John Piper really brings to light in his book Don’t Waste Your Life – which I would encourage all of to read.
- In it he states: “God created me – and you – to live with a single, all-embracing, all-transforming passion – namely, a passion to glorify God by enjoying and displaying his supreme excellence in all spheres of life.” (p. 31)
3. God’s desire for us is that we glorify Him and enjoy that occupation.
4. Paul lived this way and that is why he could write According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Phil 1:20-21
B. The life of the Christian is to be so interwoven with Christ that the two cannot be distinguished from one another.
1. We, who are His children, are to be living for Him – He is to be our life!
2. And if that is so then the family of God becomes very important!
3. And our local family is the church! Not the building but the body!
C. Do we want to be the type of church that would glorify God and enjoy Him forever? A church that God would be pleased with?
1. I would hope we would all say YES.
a. What would that take?
b. What would that look like?
c. What would happen if we were?
2. Maybe this morning we can answer these questions.
D. Our text is Acts 2:42-47 (quickview)  And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.  And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.  And all that believed were together, and had all things common;  And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.  And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,  Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
1. There are two things I want to bring to our attention
a. The Believer’s Life
b. The Bigger Consideration
2. May we learn to live as the Lord desires us to thereby bringing Him glory and ourselves joy!
As we seek to glorify God& enjoy Him forever we must start with our relationship with him, thus we need to look at
I. THE BELIEVER’S LIFE, Acts 2:42-45 (quickview)  And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.  And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.  And all that believed were together, and had all things common;  And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. Before we get into the particulars I want us to look at