Summary: God not only builds lives; He also builds churches and people.
The Great Builder
HEBREWS 3: 1-11 (NAS)
1. Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the Apostle and high priest of our confession.
2. He was faithful to him who appointed him, as Moses in all his house.
3. For he has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, by just so much as the builder of the house has more honor than the house.
4. For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.
5. Now Moses was faithful in all his house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken later.
6. but Christ was faithful as a son over his house-whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.
7. Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit, Today if you hear His voice,
8. Do not harden your hearts as when they provoked me, as in the day of the trial in the wilderness,
9. Where your fathers tried me by testing me, and saw my works for forty years.
10. Therefore I was angry with this generation, and said, they always go astray in their heart, And they did not know my ways;
11. As I swore in my wrath, They shall not enter my rest.
Every great house you see has a great builder, and a great architect.
A house just doesn’t appear.
Someone had to take the materials and build it.
They had to follow the plan.
Building a house is a hands-on job.
This church building didn’t just appear.
Someone had to build it.
It took people working together to get the job done.
I have entitled this today, “The Great Builder”.
Without the great builder none of us would be here this morning.
We talked about building a house being a hands-on job.
I have spoken in the past about God speaking and action taking place.
God spoke this world into existence as we know it.
It was done thru Jesus.
God spoke let their be light in Genesis 1:3
He spoke, something took place, their action was light.
God spoke and everything as we know it took place.
All it took was a word from Him.
Man was different; God, the great builder, used hands-on to create us.
Genesis 2:7 (NAS)
7. Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Man was made in the image of God, according to our likeness.
Who’s our likeness mean?
John 1:1-5 (NAS)
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was in the beginning with God.
3. All things came into being through him, and apart from him nothing came into being.
4. In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
Jesus, Holy Spirit, and the Almighty God.
Our body is a house.
1 Peter 2: 4-5 (NAS)
4. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.
5. Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge.