Summary: A sermon on how the promise of God grows in your life.
THE GROWTH OF THE PROMISE
Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
Psalm 105:19 Until the time that his word came to pass, The word of the LORD tested him.
Isaiah 43:1-3 But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.3 For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
FORMED = to be made. We shall compare the making of a pot to the growth or process of God in our lives to fashion His desires.
1. The Clay must be ground down 2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that the extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us. The potter needs fine dust to mix with water any foreign objects or jagged pieces would impair the finished work.
2. The Clay must be mixed with the water of the Word Ephesians 5:26 to sanctify her by cleansing her with the washing of the water by the word, and of the Holy Spirit, John 7:38,39 let the one who believes in me drink. Just as the scripture says, ‘From within him will flow rivers of living water.’” 39 (Now he said this about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were going to receive, for the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.)
3. The Clay must submit to the Potters Hand Deuteronomy 8:2 Remember the whole way by which he has brought you these forty years through the desert so that he might, by humbling you, test to see whether deep within yourselves you would keep his commandments or not. The Wilderness Wanderings – issue how do you respond to God’s work – what do you remember?
4. The Clay must be refined in the fire Isaiah 48:10 Look, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have purified you in the furnace of misery or affliction. Fire causes the vessel to maintain its shape and resilience.
5. The Clay must wear a coat of varnish Exodus 40:9 And take the anointing oil, and anoint the tabernacle and all that is in it, and consecrate it and all its furnishings, and it will be holy.