Summary: “…they were all with one accord in one place.”
Tarrying in prayer – there were approximately 120 praying in the Upper Room for fourteen days (Acts 1:12-14).
B. SUNDAY, MAY 21 – ACTS 1:15-26
1. The Spirit did not come nor did Jesus appear to them.
2. Qualifications for apostles.
a. Traveled with Jesus for baptism of John (Acts 1:21-22).
b. Witness of resurrection.
3. Appointed Matthias – why?
a. The number eleven was incomplete.
b. Guilty over Judas.
c. Prayed (Acts 1:24-25).
d. Scripture (Ps. 69:25; 109:8).
e. He fit the qualifications.
4. Waited for Paul.
a. Twelve thrones for apostle.
b. Paul had revelations of grace and the church.
c. Paul advanced church and missions.
d. Matthias never mentioned again.
e. Casted lots.
C. SUNDAY, MAY 28, PENTECOST – ACTS 2:1-47
1. Unity. “…they were all with one accord in one place” (Acts 2:1).
2. Miraculous signs:
a. Sound of rushing wind.
b. Divided tongues of fire.
c. Foreign languages.
3. Peter preached, men and women translated.
4. The outpouring of the Holy Spirit – approximately 3,000 were saved and added to them (Acts 2:41, 47).
5. Message. “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ” (Acts 2:36).
6. Ministry. “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers” (Acts 2:42).
D. EVANGELISTIC MINISTRY – ACTS 3:1-26
1. Peter and John went to the temple to pray. “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk” (Acts 3:6).
2. Message. “But you denied the Holy One . . . and asked for a murderer . . . and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses” (Acts 3:14-15).
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are God and cannot lie. I believe right now that the Lord Jesus is my personal Savior, and that all my sins are forgiven through His precious blood. I thank You, dear Lord, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, God heard you and saved you. I personally want to welcome you to the family of God and rejoice with you.
All PBC lessons are available online at trbc.org/pbc. Go to www.Hopenow.tv for the current program schedule.
Dr. Towns’ email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Towns’ web address is www.elmertowns.com.