Summary: A sermon about the enemies worth fighting: division, defeat, discouragement and distraction.
VIDEO: Wing Clips, "Got to Try", and Hulk vs. Abomination
* Bruce has found a way to control the rage that turns him into the Hulk
* His dreams are about to come true. He is going to marry the girl of his dreams
* But there is an enemy (Abomination) (explain)
* Who is on the loose and destroying innocent lives
* Bruce makes a choice to fight
Today's message comes with a warning it's a bit aggressive
* We have too many fair weathered saints
* Sometimes we need to fight
* In the valley
* Drew his sword at an angel
* You show me a man who has lost his fight...
* ...I'll show you a man that has been beat and beat down...
o In the board room
o In the bed room
o On the battle ground
* David is facing the fight of his life
* You may misunderstand David's soft side...
* But I submit it was his worship...
* That enabled him to war
* A mighty warrior
* Champions may lose some battles...
o ...but they never stop fighting
o ...mighty warriors
o ...might get beat
o ...but you keep coming back
* Been beat in the church...
o The family
o Your vision
o Your life
* But it's not time to be defeated
* It's time to recover all
* The Devil always tries to kill the vision
* Killing men
* Killing the seed giver
* Then, there won't be a harvest
* You haven't lived until you've lost a battle
* You won't pray and praise and prioritize and seek power until you run up against something you can't beat
* Everybody has something that kicks the wind out of them
* David was out fighting one battle...
o ...and he was losing another!
* David's men reaped his benefits and his enemies
* David came home tired - - - we have tired people
* Bad news is never good...
* But, when you're tired it's worse:
o Pastor Failure
o Pastor @ Plymouth Church of Christ
o Anthony Clark
o Tim Roeske
o Trey Moldovan
Enemy wants to defeat by:
a. 2 vision
b. Kills vision
c. A house divided against itself will not stand
d. While you're not looking, he will divide you
e. David could have come home tired
f. And everything would have been fine
* But they were divided
o The women were in one place
o The men were in another
* Anytime the man is in one place
* The woman in another...
* It's a door for the Devil
* He was defeated because they were divided
* You can be defeated
* When you're not divided
* Now the Defeater
* Is on the verge of defeat
* To someone who is used to winning
* It's hard to lose
* ...do you still have what it takes
* The worst thing about a man crying is that it usually comes without tears
* And no one notices he is on the verge of defeat
* This on top of everything...
* His own men turn against him
* Feelings of being all alone...
o Who do I trust
o Who do I call
o Who will listen
o I've been there for everyone
o But, where is everyone for me!
* Discouragement will make a mighty man
o Look like a weak man
o Sound like a weak man
o Talk like a weak man
* He's at the end of his rope
* And he can't tell anybody
* And, they are still wanting answers
* Discouraged - - - he lost his courage