Summary: The influence of a look
THE INFLUENCE OF A LOOK
Matthew 5: 28-30
1. EVE - Genesis 3:6 - “And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes….. she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also to her husband with her, and he did eat. This looked caused sin to come into the world.
2. LOT - Genesis 13:10 - “And Lot lifted his eyes and beheld all the plain of Jordan… V.12 - Lot pitched his tent toward Sodom.
3. LOT’S WIFE - Genesis 19:26 - She looked back and turned into a pillar of salt
4. ACHAN - Joshua 7:21 - When I saw among the spoils, The Babylonish Garments, The silver and old, then I Coveted them, and took them, and hid them… He and his whole family were stoned to death and all his livestock was burned.
5. DAVID - II Sam. 11: 2 - Upon the roof of the Kings House, He Saw a woman washing herself, and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. David committed Adultery with Bathsheba!
6. SAMSON - Judges 16:1 - Samson saw there an harlot and went unto her. Delilah….!
THE KIND OF LOOK WE NEED:
7. Zacchaeus - Luke 19 - He wanted to see Jesus.
8. The Maniac of Gadara - Mark 5 - He saw Jesus.
9. JOHN 12: 21 - SIR, WE WOULD SEE JESUS!